Re: Anyone Using Skype?

I wonder if it's time to ease up or do we have to ditch gmail for good?

Matter of fact, I've been seeing less stuff falling into my filters. Today only ~30%. Checking, it looks like "@gmail.com" isn't being used anymore (the usual @replica.cn and yahoo.cn sorts of stuff seem to be most popular).

Tim

Tim Williams

Thanks. Maybe open the gates again but block the cn domain? Not nice since that's a whole country but what else can one do :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The serious Chinese companies use .com. Unfortunately, the serious spammer use 163.com (meaning always living), etc.

I block all non (.com, .net) for email. If people really want to contact me, they use the web form first.

Reply to
linnix

Joerg persists in being a novice. He should learn to observe headers. Are the .cn spam sources E-mail or NEWS? He's probably also using Outhouse Excuse :-(

...Jim Thompson

| Phoenix, Arizona  85048    Skype: "skypeanalog"  |             |

Nope, Thunderbird. And I intend to keep on using it just as a tool. I don't want to become the super whizbang power user since I've got no time for that, too many "real" projects right now. Also, I've got no time to install another piece of SW just because a few domains became rogue. Fed up with installations, did that with LTSpice yesterday, clicked on update -> yes. Big mistake. That killed it, requiring a full wipe and re-install. Oh, of course that happened during an RF pulser sim. When it rains ...

So I just blocked a few domains, most of them related to Google, and suddenly it became nice and quiet out here. What else could I want? Ok, some good guys on gmail fell through with that simple filter scheme but that's all this SW can do. Again, if they need to ask me something they can email or get a non-rogue domain for usenet.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Confucius say, "Man who use multi-purpose software might as well use Microsoft crap" ;-)

(I use Firefox for browsing, Eudora for E-mail, and Agent for news.)

...Jim Thompson

| Phoenix, Arizona  85048    Skype: "skypeanalog"  |             |

I am sure he also say "Man who stick to what work in past will be happy man" ;-)

Same here. On the big PC Firefox for the web, TB for news. On the other PC Mozilla for email and for some minor web use. That runneth just fine.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Today

No .biz?

--
Keith
Reply to

good?

s. =A0Today

d anymore

f they

Noop. I don't need to talk to anyone who would not spend a few dollars a year for a .com domain. Actually, there should be a .mail domain for email only, perhaps for a hundred dollar a year.

Reply to
linnix

for good?

ters. =A0Today

used anymore

ost

ice

, if they

Hmm, I'll have to talk to AT&T Business Internet[*] about being so=20 cheap. ;-)

[*] Actually, the .biz is an alias for attglobal-dot-com

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw