AN: Classic PosrtScript Video remastered to web

Free download at <

Presently needs a three minute download. We eventually will get it on YouTube as well.

Other classic reprints at <

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Am 09.08.2010 16:15, schrieb Don Lancaster:

Should be

video and not videos

Herbert

Reply to
Herbert Voss

Correct and thank you. Directory should be "video" not "videos"

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

That's not PS, that's MP4...........

Tim

Tim Williams

No, our regular web host does not have enough bandwidth or the correct software to real time serve multiple video watchers. They are working on alternatives.

And, of course, all of the stills were done with PostScript.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Well Don, It was good to see you "In person" Good presentation. No way in hell you would remember it, but we chatted on the phone several times back when I was an engineer at the old National Bureau of Standards. I picked your brain and actually built your "TV Typewriter" It became my keyboard on my "Micro 8"

8008 machine.

And to the rest of you, forgive me my Techie Transgressions.

Chris

Reply to
Chris S.

Hmm, doesn't work in Foxit Reader. Assuming it was supposed to do something...

I've seen some, I assume, really dreadfully written PDFs before. CPU sits at 100% for minutes on end, nothing seems to be happening. Zoom in and it's painstakingly reproducing every pixel of every dot of a high resolution halftone pattern in some image.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Heh ... here in coastal Connecticut, where the information superhighway becomes a rutted, muddy, gravel driveway, *thirty*three minutes is rather more like the download time -- longer even than the 27-minute playing time!

But thanks all the same :-) .

And thanks as well for your much earlier TTL Cook Book, etc. Served me well in my youth.

Cheers, -- tlvp

--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP
Reply to

You Tube wants us to split it in half. First upload try failed.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Maybe you can read, but...comprehend? NO.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thank you for making my point concerning comprehension..

Reply to
Robert Baer

one: (928)428-4073

Just serve the damned file. If you are not a streaming server, you shouldn't try to be one. And you are not keeping anyone from grabbing the file from a streamer source either.

Guru's lair? Ha! Guru of what? Not web sites.

Reply to
Nunya

We are a card carrying member of the Guru and Swamais local #204.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

They blow away the Gurus and Swamais over at #203.

Lumpy

You played on "The Love Boat"? Yes. White tux, huge sideburns.

Lumpy

Unless you have special standing with YouTube, they insist on files under 100 MB, with playing time under 10.5 minutes.

HTH; cheers, -- tlvp

--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP
Reply to
tlvp

Managed to get these on U-Tube

Try

<
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Nope, they eased the rules and you can even go HDTV.

New limits are 2 Gigabytes and 15 minutes.

We did have to split into two parts...

<
> is part1 <
> is part2

Have to get rid of the space in PostScript in the title.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Nice to know. And shows how out of touch I am with my old 100MB/10min info :-) .

Would have been three parts under the old rules, I guess.

There's always something that sneaks past all the proof-reading, and only shows itself in the final, published edition, n'est-ce-pas?

Cheers, -- tlvp

--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP
Reply to
tlvp

Did you move? Your Hardware Hacker of June, 1951 said Local #415.

--
Virg Wall
Reply to

Um, #415 became involved in that untoward incident that involved Godzilla, the Night Nurses, and an enormous bowl of tapioca pudding.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster