A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi - Page 2

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi

What does the flowchart for this code look like?

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi
pin 7 doesn't give any output at all

compile gives the following error

pi@raspberrypi:~/freq_pi $ gcc -Wall -O4 -o freq_pi freq_pi-0.2.c -std=gn
u99 -lm
freq_pi-0.2.c: In function ?start_rf_output?:
freq_pi-0.2.c:183:1: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
 ACCESS(CM_GP0CTL) = *((int*)&setupword);
 ^

anyone an ideas?

thanks

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi

The obvious thing seems to be to just use a different output pin and edit
the source code accordingly.

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi
gnu99 -lm
k strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]

Its a warning? Otherwise it compiles and works?

What happens if you remove the -Wall?

Owen

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi
On a sunny day (Tue, 2 May 2017 05:13:03 -0700 (PDT)) it happened
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Well, since I wrote that code, or at leat most if it, long ago, it was for the older Pi 2?
New ones need code change.
The compile warning is irrelevant.
I do not have the latest Pi so no idea.
What model do you use?

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi

not an error, a warning.

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi
On a sunny day (Tue, 2 May 2017 05:13:03 -0700 (PDT)) it happened
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

PS,
you do not come back it seems,
but anyways somebody ported that code to a later raspi model
(
I lost count of all those models:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
}
Latest:
 http://panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/download.html#freq_pi

It is fun to write code for something new,
it gets boring after having to re-write it again and again each time
a new sort of berry drops of the tree.
I managed to get some older models...

Raspi foundation works against themselves that way.
But you can't stop 'progress'.
Although without ethernet? Not my idea of progress..
And now all its clones...

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi
thanks guys, it is now working after reinstall the OS. thanks ps its a rsp2 2 years old

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi
Jan, does v0.7 work on an RPi 3B+?
Per your instructions I have compiled it getting the warning and installed it and it is running, but there is no activity on GPIO4 (pin 7).
sudo freq -f 200000 ==> I changed the name to freq

I am running Raspbian over Noobs whatever the latest builds are - I just loaded them.
I am also a noobs so take that into consideration.

I originally loaded 0.2 but I don't know how to remove it (diff filename than 0.7). apt-get remove can't find the package.
thanks

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi

That message you're replying to is 6 years old! :-D

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi
Cursitor Doom wrote...

 Y'all should go out and purchase a cheap Chinese dual-channel
 Function Generator, like an MHS-5225A, or a FeelTech FY2224,
 or Adoner  FY6600.  Or better yet, FeelTech FY6600, it goes
 to 60MHz, Arbitrary Functions to 10MHz, to 20Vp-p, and has a
 10-line color programming display, plus USB link. $99 and up.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Re: A FREE frequency generator if you have a Raspberry Pi

 Good advice! Even if it happens to be six years too late. :-)

 BTW, I think you probably meant to write "FY6800" for that last
recommendation (although it's essentially just a slightly revised FY6600
with improved "haptics" and an "earth loop hazard" thrown in for free -
this free gift can be refused by connecting a 10 or even a 1 kR resistor
in series with the stolen from the PSU to main board ribbon cable ground
return wire and the PE tag on the IEC C13/14 mains socket).

 There's a whole load of useful info on the FY6600 (and the FY6800) here:

<https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/feeltech-fy6600-60mhz-2-ch-vco-
function-arbitrary-waveform-signal-generator/1825/>

--
Johnny B Good

Site Timeline