A beginner's story..

newly uploaded to

Further info at

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Wow ... thanks Don! A nice dose of nostalgia. And not just the color organ ... the S&H stamps. Back then, I worked part-time in a gas station and hated those damned things. When we got busy, we would just tear out and hand over a bunch of them to get the customer on his way, quickly.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Around 1960, down the street (toward Central Square) from my apartment in Cambridge, at the corner of (IIRC) Magazine and Chestnut was a church with a nice green neon "Jesus Saves" sign.

So one night we took a "purloined" S&H Green Stamps sign and appended it to the end ;-)

Naaah! Take it back, had to be Magazine and Putnam.

At an apartment on the corner of Magazine and Chestnut, on the third floor balcony, was where the BU coeds used to strip naked and do their laundry in full view of the whole neighborhood ;-)

...Jim Thompson

LOL. I love it.

Reply to
JeffM

The church didn't like it one bit, but they never did figure out who did it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hilarious!

the modern term is "culture jamming"

I cant recall exactly where, but for years when we drove up SH27 to auckland we went past a large rock, upon which someone had painted "Jesus saves" on it, and a similar wit had added "stamps" to the end. As an entire family of atheists, we loved it, and us kids used it as an "are we there yet" marker.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given