Who sells RF shield cans?

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Please, don't temp fate. The Mystical Book of Plonkers already grows apace.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

That would be fine for the first prototypes. Dang, one of us is in the UK right now but I don't have the final dimensions yet.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

People successfully use them to make efficient WLAN antennas on 2.45GHz. Of course, that is most certainly not legal. But I'd be more worried that the can wasn't 100% clean and next morning there'll be an ant invasion around the new antenna.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 15:30:07 GMT, Lostgallifreyan Gave us:

If you weren't such a retard, you'd know how to set your filters better, boy.

Reply to
MassiveProng

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:56:24 GMT, Joerg Gave us:

Can't possibly have more gain than the high gain versions commercially available, so I hardly think they are illegal.

Reply to
MassiveProng

Well, sure, but they are connecting that to routers where the manual more or less says that the goons come out when you tamper with the antenna.

Also, in some countries it is illegal to provide a link between one property and another down the road. That's exactly what some people did with such cans. Then they might have stepped onto the turf of a monopoly from which the local government collects big bucks. So they'll both be coming after them if they find out or someone snitches.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I don't allways kill-file them on their nym :)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

jasen wrote in news:ev520r$o9o$ snipped-for-privacy@jasen.is-a-geek.org:

Nor me, but if you'd found a subtle troll spawning identities like illusions in a hall of mirrors, you'd have some fun working out what to do, no? The more that Google Groups or other accesses make Usenet like a forum, the more this might happen, specially as Usenet has no forum-like controls of names. Not that I think that should happen, that would be annoying.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Look at the bright side: Without Google Groups newsgroups like this might be something we'd all take into the graves with us if it weren't for an exposure outside usenet. Most of today's whizkids don't know what a newsreader is, let alone usenet. They also don't really know what a transistor is or how it works :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg wrote in news:71vRh.1590$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:

I don't mind Google Groups. No problem with it at all. Just saying toat there are certain problems well known to forum operators, and we're going to see both the best, and the worst..

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

So far I think it's pretty good on s.e.d. At least compared to some of the rougher saloons out here in the West...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to