Cypress InstaClock alternatives?

Hi all,

I'd like to test the CY22800 IC for multiple clock generation, it looks attractive (at least from the datasheet...). Cypress also has a nice and inexpensive development system to program these chips. Unfortunately they have a software, called InstaClock (TM) that seems to run i only on Win XP. I've already tried to run it under Linux/Wine but it crashes very early. I'm not going to try on other Windows versions, so don't suggest that :-) My question is simple, does anyone know how these parts are really programmed? I couldn't find out any information about this on the datasheet. I'll keep looking for similar parts that has better programming methods anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Frank IZ8DWF

Reply to
frank