What is a DS5003FP microprocessor (from Dallas)

Is the DS5003FP microprocessor from Dallas the kind that does not allow
readout of the program. Does someone have a datasheet I could maybe buy from
them I cannot find anything on the net about it, tried Google and there is
nothing. Dallas/Maxim does not mention it on their web site. Please reply to
this newsgroup.

Thank you

Re: What is a DS5003FP microprocessor (from Dallas)

Aha.  So what made you believe there *is* any such thing as a DS5003FP
in the first place?  Or that it's Dallas/Maxim that's making it?

Re: What is a DS5003FP microprocessor (from Dallas)
lkjhgf schrieb:
^^^^^^
Whoever that is...

Since the DS5000FP, 5001FP and 5002FP are such "secure controllers"
differing only in memory size and some security level details, it
can be assumed that the 5003FP is a similar product.
If there's no mention of it at Dallas/Maxims homepage, perhaps you
should ask one of their distributors or sales offices for details.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.

Most microcontrollers have security features.

I can't find anything on a DS5003FP (it may not be generally
available), but the other parts in the DS500x range are
8051-compatible microcontrollers. You *may* be able to infer some of
the pinout from the circuit it's in, and match it against other
8051-class micros in the same package.

Re: What is a DS5003FP microprocessor (from Dallas)

I only have an *old* (1988) data sheet for the DS5000.  It has a feature
that, if switched on, will encrypt program and data.  (40 bit key, doesn't
sound secure by today's standards!)  You might try searching Dallas' site
for the DS5000, and then "sneak up" on references to later family members.

--
Ron Sharp.

Re: What is a DS5003FP microprocessor (from Dallas)

There is an upgrade published for the DS5002FP, but nbr is DS5240/DS5250
according to APP 2034 May 14,2003
rw

Site Timeline