relay

I need a relay to switch 110AC using 24VDC. It should be normally open. I get confused looking at all the specs. What kind of relay do I need? Is SPDT the right type?

Any help and links to source is greatly appreciated. I am looking for some place I can buy these in very small quantity.

Thanks, Irfan snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
humbleFunGuy

Sure, SPDT or SPST with a 24VDC coil and contacts rated at 110VAC at whatever current you require.

Digikey.com has a good selection guide.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

Digikey has an excelent online catalog that allows you to input the needed specs and it spits the part numbers back at you. try here:

?Ref=324611&Site=US&Cat=32572356 for power relays. what you want is a coil voltage of 24vDC coil rating, and a 15-25A contact rating. SPDT vs SPST depends on your aplication: i.e. if you are switching the voltage from one device to another, use SPDT if it's just an on/off switch you need, go with SPST.

Mike Matthews

Reply to
m1ke dot m477hewz at gmail dot

However, SPDT relays are much more common than SPST, and can be used for either normally open or normally closed contacts (or both.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca