Maplin Relay in 24hr timer circuit

I'm trying to build a circuit from

24 hr timer{2} I could not get the Maplin Relay and I have one I think has close specs, however the Maplin relay has 6 poles, mine has 5. It is drawn as a vero board layout and I'm not sure what to connect to what, without that extra pin. Any help is certainly appreciated; Don

Maplin relay: YX94C 12v DC SPDT (pins numbered (1-6) (1) (2) (3) O O---| O | | | | c | o c | /o---c---------| / c | o/ c | | c | | | | O O---| O (4) (5) (6)

Mine LEG-F RELAY SPDT Jameco P/N 174431 pdf

Has: (A) (B) (pins numbered A-E) ------------ O-> /

Reply to
Donald Bauer bellsouth

(3) and (6) are one connection with two ends of the same pin sticking out of the enclosure, represented on lower drawing by (C) (A) and (D) are the coil, (E) is the (NC) contact and (B) the (NO). So what is missing?

Have fun

Stanislaw Slack user from Ulladulla

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto

Hi, Mr. Bauer. Mostly easy:

C = 3 or 6 (they're connected together) A = 2 D = 5

1 and 4, B and E might be a bit of a problem. The easiest thing to do is just find out. Put your meter on diode check, with one lead on pin C. Check for continuity to B and E. Which ever one that is will be equivalent to pin 4 on the Maplin relay. The other (no continuity to C) is equivalent to pin 1.

Hope this has been of help.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

This has been an immense help to me, considering I'm such a dummy at this and I have never fooled with a relay before. Thanks to all who replied; I appreciate it, Thanks so very much; Don

extra

Reply to
Donald Bauer bellsouth

Chris, I checked it out as per your very helpful explicit instructions. Without them I likely would still be lost. Now I can see the light. Thanks Again; Don

specs,

vero

Reply to
Donald Bauer bellsouth

Hi, Donald. Glad to help -- sometimes, newbies write back to tell us they saw the light, accompanied by a bang and copious amounts of smoke. ;-)

Since you're new to this, you should know that it's considered good form to bottom post. Please check out Google Groups Help Topic "What's good 'netiquette' when posting to Usenet?"

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris