BUX84,85

Nowaday, it is difficult to find BUX84, BUX85. Any expert here know why. Is it being replaced by other series of NPN transistors.

Reply to
mingyan_chow

I find the BUX84/85 (Si-NPN, 800V/1000V, 2A, 40W, TO-220) to be available in general. But you may probably substitute the 2SC3150 (900V, 3A, 40W, TO-220) or the BUT11A (1000V, 5A, 100W, TO-220).

Martin.

Reply to
clicliclic

Hi !

We do have penty of stock of both the Phlips BUX84 & BUX85.

You are welcome to purchased from us .

Thanks !

Patrick Cheung Town Target Technology Limited Address : D3, 11/F., Superluck Industrial Building, Phase II, 57 Sha Tsui Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong. Tel : 2505-5838 Fax : 2505-8121 E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@towntarget.com.hk Web-site :

or

???????: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Patrick Cheung - townt.com

The Philips website said it's in full production.

Maybe the reason why it's more difficult to find is because the Japanese equivalents which are more commonly used in consumer electronics are much more common and readily available, so distribs don't stock the BUX line, and just wait until a buyer wants thousands and then orders them. Mouser shows 652-BUX84 isn't stocked but you can order 2000 at $.54 each, or buy the NTE equiv at 4 times the price. :-(

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th