Part No R57 and R59 in SOT-223 packages

Dear Group,

I have 2 components with markings as follows:

  1. ON R57 P2F

  1. ON R59 P1F

The ON was in a circle and I guess it's ON Semi the manufacturer but what are R57 and R59

I can only find informations on P57 and P59.

Any reply is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Allen

Reply to
Allen

That's a lot of writing for any part body size. Common codes are normally used only when the space isn't available. What is the package shape?

P1F - xxx2222A P2F - xxx2907A

xxx - vendor and package dependant.

RL

Reply to
legg

I think 2222A and 2907A is too big using a SOT223 package. A SOT-23 is more appropriate.

SOT223 is for something like 2N3053 or 2N4037 transistors.

Here is a link to SOT223

Thanks

Allen

Reply to
Allen Bong

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:42:22 -0700 (PDT), Allen Bong put finger to keyboard and composed:

PZT2222AT1, SOT-223, marking P1F:

PZT2907AT1, SOT-223, marking P2F:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

The package size determines the total power dissipation for any characteristic wafer. These were, after all, originally in TO18. SOT223 would actually be the more prudent package transfer, if all original ratings were actually intended.

The actual vendor intention in keeping the 2222 or 2907 suffix for sot23 packages (even though you couldn't even fit anything like it in or on the new part size) was simply to retain familiarity and market share for non-critical, small-signal apps.

RL

Reply to
legg

ut

Thanks to both of you who replied. Now I have a better idea about the SMT packages for transistor. I think I'd have no problem replacing the sot223 with regular transistors as long as I bend the leads properly.

Thanks and regards

Allen

Reply to
Allen Bong