power dissipation pad of sot-223

Hello,

to which pin is the power dissipation pad of a an sot-223 ldo power regulator connected? I am interested on an torex xc6202. There is no info in the datasheet. I only guess that is connected to pin 2.

thx for answers.

theadib.

Reply to
theAdib

The tab, the big one.

John

Yes the power dissipation pad is the big one. I just don't know if that is connected to the pin2 (GND) or is electrical isolated.

So should I (or must I not) connect the big one to any other pin?

regards, Adib.

Reply to
theAdib

The tab is usually the same piece of metal as the middle pin, which is sometimes snipped short. Check it with an ohmmeter!

The chip is usually soldered to the tab. I don't know of any isolated-tab sot-223s.

John

Am 07.12.2010 18:13, schrieb John Larkin:

Infineon BFG193, 196, NXP BFG31 Collector = tab, the small one in the middle = base, the outer small ones = emitter.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Yabbut ... those are RF transistors so they fall under the category "voodoo" :-)

And the Infineon ones seem unobtanium. No surprise there ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.