CAD Packages

Does anyone have any experience in using Altium Designer. What are the pros and cons? How does it stack up against other CAD packages? I've used Protel and Orcad for electronic design and it appears the Altium bought out Protel awhile back. From a cost standpoint, I'm looking for mid-level electronic design software. I don't think my employer would open the wallet for the high end packages like Mentor Graphics.

Reply to
Mr. Wizard

Its, the same product , just a name change to highlight the FPGA stuff that is better integrated into the package. The company changed its name because it was publicly listed on the ASE, and went about buying up other CAD software companys. The level of complexity in the package has gone up, but it is still substantially like DXP. You can always phone them up and do a deal with them on a slightly outdated version.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle