Identification of transistors

TIA.

I have three transistors that I have been unable to identify.

I understand that the 185 prefix identifies the chips as Motorola and I think that the MEX means that they are made in Mexico.

All of the markings on chip 1 (T03 package)

1853-0511 MEX 8535

All of the markings on chip 2 (T03 package)

1854-0774 MEX 8533

All of the markings on chip 3

4-892 HP RCA 523

Can anyone help?

Reply to
Pier Federici

1853 and 1854 look like Hewlett Packard Numbers. the 4-892 is probably as well. My cross reference list does not have the 1853-0511. and the 1854-0774 I can't read. it looks like 2N6056. Sorry Colin
Reply to
Colin Horsley

well.

Colin

Thanks Colin. OK I forgot to tell you that I grabbed the components out of an old HP pen plotter. The 4 on the 1854-0774 and the 11 on the 1853-0511 look like they were added after the other numbers (type spacing and thickness of font).

Reply to
Pier Federici

These are all HP part #s. 4-892 is probably shorthand for 1854-0892, which is what they did when the part was too small for the whole number.

Not on my list

2N6056

not on my list

-

Jim Adney

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 20:36:16 +1000, "Pier Federici" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Could 1853-0511 be the PNP complement to the 2N6056, ie a 2N6054? Does it test as a PNP Darlington? Were these transistors driving the XY motors?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

as well.

pen

added

Thanks for the help guys. Yes the circuit drove the X and Y axis motors and the pen up and down. Pier

Reply to
Pier Federici