Help with part identification?

These look like Motorola power transistors, but I'm not having any luck finding information on them.

The label printed on the case is: Motorola logo

4-611 MEX 8607

and Motorola logo

1854-0774 MEX 8539

I'm guessing that the 8607 and 8539 are date codes. Maybe the MEX is Mexico? (Assembled in Mexico, perhaps?)

The line under the Motorola logo _looks_ like a part number, but I checked Google and On Semiconductor, and have had no luck. (Motorola's power semiconductor business became On Semiconductor, right?)

Any ideas / suggestions?

Bob Pownall

Reply to
Bob Pownall

OEM = 2N6055

OEM = 2N6056

Use the HP semiconductor reference on my website:

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You'd have better luck refering to the mfr of the device they are/were used in. Motorola, TRW, NEC and others produced house-coded devices for many industrial mfrs of medium and low power medium wave, VHF and UHF transmitters. Cable companies, mobile, cellular repeater, etc.

Just the application may be enough to tell you basic info, like operating voltage and typical frequency range. The package shape is another clue.

~ 46110 was an Acrian 28V hermetic microwave device with 8-32 stud and

5.7mm x 26.5mm crossed-lead foil structure. Possibly an original device that the house number developed from? (also made close electrical variants 46112, 45113 etc.

~ 1854 sounds more like a linear hybrid amp module (many pins straddling a heatsink bar interface).

Like you, I'm just guessing.

RL

Reply to
legg

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Reply to
Bob Pownall

You're lucky that I recognized the sequence. :)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Tue, 29 May 2007 20:58:21 -0600, Bob Pownall put finger to keyboard and composed:

FYI, obscure part numbers can sometimes be crossreferenced here:

$$Search?OpenForm

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

1854-0774 = 2N6056

4-611 isn't an HP house code.

1854-0611 = 2N6055

RL

Reply to
legg

Some HP parts have an abbreviated part number printed on the case, but the parts list contains the full number.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What's that saying? "It's better to be lucky that good..."

Thanks again.

Bob Pownall

Reply to
Bob Pownall

Thanks for the link - I'll bookmark it.

Bob Pownall

Reply to
Bob Pownall

No problem. I hope you get it working.

BTW, if you run across any HP semiconductors that are not listed on that web page, please let me know so that I can update it. A 400 DPI B&W 2 color scan of the parts list is preferred so I can use scan to text conversion, but anything is useful. I would like to add the model numbers that oddballs were used in.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

After you pointed me in the right direction, I discovered this:

See pages 3 through 13. Would this be useful? (There might be other useful stuff on the hparchive.com site. It's basically a hobbist / collector site, with no affiliation with HP or the Agilent spin-off.)

Bob Pownall

Reply to
Bob Pownall

On Wed, 30 May 2007 16:11:35 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Some time ago, a group of us at aus.electronics scanned and OCRed a HP document. This is the result:

Be aware that it may contain OCR errors, eg an I (eye) mistaken for a

1 (one), or an O (oh) for a 0 (zero), etc.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 30 May 2007 13:11:36 -0600, Bob Pownall put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here's another one:

Transistor - Diode Cross Reference - H.P. Part Numbers to JEDEC

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar