The use of transistors

Gut into a discussion the other day about the use of bipolar transistors.

I told them I was negatively biased on PNPs

Reply to
Jamie

Rub some Saint John's Wort on them.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

And many are also bipolar, so they can have mood swings.

But that's all OT here anyhow because it's got nothing to do with global warming :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Unless you're over biased!

Reply to
Jamie

What global warming? Decembers first snow is right on time!

Martin Riddle

Even Houston had snow. That really doesn't happen often.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

That's a bit of a turn-off ....

Reply to
who where

On medication??

Reply to
Robert Baer

I disagree; those mood swings make things seem warmer..

Reply to
Robert Baer

What's your current opinion on that?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I think this is all a bit emotionally charged.

Richard Rasker

--
http://www.linetec.nl
Reply to

Only for people working outside their field.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Hm, perhaps it's my shielded upbringing, but I fail to see the connection. Or are we talking about isolated cases here?

Richard Rasker

--
http://www.linetec.nl
Reply to

On a sunny day (Sun, 06 Dec 2009 14:16:52 +0100) it happened Richard Rasker wrote in :

I think all that talk is full of holes.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

--
What a dope!

JF
Reply to
John Fields

A little charge injection enhances the experience.

John

"Jamie" wrote in message news:trCSm.57460$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.iad...

Found this on the net some time ago ...

SemiConductor Theory

-------------------- (c) 1997 by Gareth Alun Evans

A transistor is rather like the human alimentary canal, after the typical USA diet of burgers and chips; - it constipates, as do semiconductor diodes with no applied bias - the available holes get filled in and nothing can move. The base current is like a small application of laxative; some of the constipation passes through, until the effect of the laxative wears off. The total throughput depends upon the Mobility. By applying a continuous feed of laxative, then a continuous current passes through. Applying too much laxative results in saturation - ie, there is a limit to the maximum throughput, depending on the external circuit; in this case, the maximum rate at which you can feed in the burgers at one end. (If you are a customer of MacDonalds's, here in Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK then this rate is very low - I have been there twice, and both times, the service was *APPALLING*.) The difference between PNP and NPN is the direction. In the old days, PNP was used, whereby one injected from the rear end, using a sort of huge syringe - hence PNP - "Put-in Near Poo". More recently NPN is more common, where the laxative is entered via a carrier of some sort, usually chocolate and so we have NPN - "Now Pleasant Nutrient". Despite the adverse effects, the USA diet of burgers and chips carries on, and recourse has to be made once again to the chocolate. Now the ratio of the carriers of the constipation, the burgers and chips, is much higher than that of the chocolate. Thus they are referred to as the Majority Carriers and the Minority Carriers. If you indulge too much, you find that the vendor will provide you with a paper bag, known as an Excess Carrier. More recently, there are problems with impurities and you find that the opposite effect occurs. You have no time to reach home before diarrhoea takes over. You have no option but to stop the car and nip over a gate into a field. Hence the Field Effect Transistor. This time you have to inject something to STOP the flow. Now, assuming that there was a certain control over events; nothing happened until the Gate was encountered, you then became the Source of flow, and the field itself acted as the Drain. What was originally dirt, became grass, was consumed by the Cow, you ate it as a burger, and it has now returned to the topsoil, an effect known in the trade as Surface Recombination. (Incidentally, did you know that Diarrhoea is hereditary? Apparently it runs in the jeans.) Some of the impurities accumulate in your rear end, and no matter how valiently you try, you cannot rid yourself of them. Hence In-de-Bum is known as a Try-Valient Impurity. In the same way, Arse-nic, well known for its ill-effects and accumulation in the body tissues is known as a Pent-Up-Valient Impurity.

--

73's etc de Gareth G4SDW (nee G8DXY) GQRP 3339
Reply to

Like a farmer helping out his neighbor?

Reply to
krw

Kid, you're wasting your potential.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Guys, collect yourself and watch that what you emit is based well. If you just let everything out of the gate without stating proper sources it's draining everyone here ...

--
SCNR, Joerg