How does a graphic display lcd work?

Hi,

I bought a graphic lcd (Powertip PG320240c) and I'm searching a document that explains how the display works; in fact the lcd hasn't a controller and I want to implent it with a DSP. Now the display has these inputs:

-FLM

-M

-CL1

-CL2

-D-OFF

-DB0-DB3

How can I control the lcd?

Thanks,

Mauro

Reply to
Mixboy

Aannndd the very first result that pops up when you enter 'PG320240c' into google is... a datasheet

Reply to
Brendan Gillatt

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:10:57 +0100, Brendan Gillatt put finger to keyboard and composed:

... which has pinouts and dimensions but little else.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I can point you to where I explained this before in case you're still having trouble. Don't know if there's a better way of directing you there (Apologies for being a bit of a newb) but here's the link to another discussion...

Otherwise, search for PolyVinalDistillate here - you'll find it :) Good luck. Nick.

Reply to
PolyVinalDistillate

Hmm... I attempted to post this morning, but apparently I failed miserably! I've posted before to explain the functions of the pins on a GRX LCD panel (at least the functions I'm used to on my mono panels!)

The link to that thread is here:

You're looking at the 4th posting.

If you want me to help further, I'll check this out from time to time :) Nick.

Reply to
PolyVinalDistillate

"PolyVinalDistillate" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@u32g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

I've read the thread and I don't understand how to use the M input. I've looked the datasheets of common/segment driver (LC79401 and LC79430); it calls M "LCD drive output alternation signal" but doesn't explain how to use.

Thanks!

Mauro

Reply to
Mixboy