Buffer

I am currently working on a project that need to convert some asynchronous and digital data from a serial port of a computer into synchronous RF data. In order to do this, I will need a buffer to store the digital data prior to process it. The buffer need to be larger than 1 kilobyte and has the capability to hard wire into the serial port to prevent buffer overflow/underflow. Please let me know where or how I can find a buffer like this. I have been looking several electronics distrubtor such as Digikey and Jameco and I was not able to find it. I will appreciate your help. Thank you.

Reply to
marsloner

"marsloner" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@d56g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

FAIK a component like this is not an of the shelf product. You'll have to build your own one. There have been days you'd use a stand alone UART with a Baudrate generator, a 1kB FIFO and some glue logic. It can still be done this way, but I doubt you to have the skills to design it. These days the way to go is using a micro with a build-in UART, a timer/counter to generate the correct Baudrate, over 1kB of RAM and the firmware to make it run. Alas, it requires some skills to design this too so I guess you'll have to learn about micros and their programming to make what you want.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

This is a job for a small computer. It could be done with a largeish microcontroller, but a single-board computer might be easier to work with. Or could the conversion be done by the computer that is outputting the data?

Reply to
mc