Need help in capturing serial data using FPGA and ethernet interface

hello,

i want to capture 2 mbps serial data stream through my ethernet card. i already have a Virtex FPGA based hardware and I want to add it this data logging funtionality. I want to use FPGA to convert the received serial data into ethernet format and dump it onto the ethernet interface. Then i can use some port sniffer to capture that data.

i just have the vague idea. kidly someone tell me, how much is this feasible.

also, i need to know where i can find the most relevant helping material.

Regards, Amir Amin

Reply to
Amir Amin