Record circuit Camcorder

I have a faulty Sony Video 8 Camcorder 12 years old. The record circuit shuts down and switches off when I go into record mode. I understand that a couple of capacitors need replacing, which I am prepared to try, if only I new where the record board is situated. Without taking the whole thing to pieces looking for it, does anybody know which end of the camcorder that this board is located It's not worth paying about £150 for a repair on something this age. Gordon Wills

Reply to
Gordoni