PSpice SCHEMATICS Users Take Note!

I read in sci.electronics.design that Kevin Aylward wrote (in ) about 'PSpice SCHEMATICS Users Take Note!', on Sat, 11 Sep 2004:

Which three are those?

Have you seen this week's 'New Scientist' article on consciousness? It starts with your mechanistic explanation (due to Leibniz) and improves thereafter. (;-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

Did you imagine this Mike to be the Engelhardt one? Is he?

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Oh... I did assume this. Looks like I could be wrong on this. If it aint, I apologise for my tone most profusely. Mr. Engelhardt seems to bring the worst out in me.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

I'll have to have a look.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

I agree that there is a blemish for pin to pin connections not automatically rubberbanding when seperating. You can actully get it to so this by connecting them first with a wire when seperated, and then joining up the pins. The wire stays theres with a length of 0!.

The reason I have not bothered to fix this is simple. A "correct"

*simulation* schematic should *always* have at least two grid dots separating them, ie. no direct pin to pin connections. The reason for this is, if you want to probe the voltage on that pin, you need a wire between them to click or place a test point on. Once you get used to doing this, you dont give it a second thought. Its the way it wants to be when your doing the 40 hours a week simulation bit. It is very annoying when you realise after the fact that you want to probe that pin voltage.

Symbol lines can be drawn on any grid with the symbol editor. The fundamental reason for this drawing is because I am a shit artist. Its why the toolbar buttons don't have graphics on them. Although, after the fact, I think the letters are much easier to understand then graphics.

Sure, most things are a matter of opinion and not absolute. However, sometimes, some just haven't got around to thinking about an issue, just because they haven't. Most of the blemishes in SS exist because I have actually thought about them, and why they arnt as big an issue as might be imagined. This leaves time to do the more useful things. For example, my method of allowing placement by symbol or model is unique and very useful. Or for example, if you use the circuits tab, you can place pre drawn little circuit blocks just like you can place symbols. etc..., or for example, my DeviceDesigner feature that actually calculates the component values from required currents and voltages.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

I'll see what I can do on this.

Send me a drawing of how you want the symbol to look, and I will add it into the transistor list, or you could simply make one yourself with the editor:-)

I'll see what I can do.

Indeed I use LTSpice as a check when I get a convergance problem.

I have added quite a bit just because of feedback in the group. If a real bug gets noticed, I usually fix it immediately.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward
[snip]

I just remembered there's also on the SED/Schematics page of my website "SubcircuitImportByNetlist.pdf" which pictorially shows the subcircuit symbols that are in the "SUBCKT.SLB" library that I uploaded yesterday.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Same question here. Where's the 3 universes come from?. I thought there was just the light and dark versions (Lexx). regards jhon

Reply to
john jardine

On Sunday 12 September 2004 12:13 am, Kevin Aylward did deign to grace us with the following:

Me, Too!

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Sunday 12 September 2004 09:33 pm, john jardine did deign to grace us with the following:

Aw, heck. I'd say that, for now, one Universe is quite enough, thank you very much. ;-) The thing is, each person carves out their own little piece of it, and True Freedom, for me at least, is to let Your corner of the Universe be different from mine, if it wants to.

But within that one Universe, of course, is stuff that we don't know yet. Universe, after all, means "everything," doesn't it?

And I can't help but tout the wonders of my Universe, because, of course, it's better than everybody else's.[00]

Oh, my. The vodka seems to be kicking in. I decided to take a chance, in hopes that my pancreas can handle it, and get drunk tonight. If I have to go to the hospital tomorrow with acute pancreatitis, I'm going have an issue to discuss with the people who claimed that they installed a pigtail to drain my enzymes into my stomach. I don't know if they really did anything, because I was knocked out on some very powerful drug.

The first time I had the endoscope, the drugs had started to kick in when the guy started shoving the thing down my throat, so when he said, "swallow," it didn't seem to bother me that I was trying to swallow a car.

But the idea of "a Universe" implies that there could be something else, and as far as I can see, this boils down to semantics. How many Universes can dance on the head of a pin?

Meanwhile, at least for tonight, I'll have to keep a very close eye on my banter.

Thanks, Rich

[00] For me, anyway. ;-)
Reply to
Rich Grise

Don't think Rich watched "LEXX" lately, maybe at all.

Reply to
Clarence

Hi there,

In fact, PSpice can be used from Cadence's Concept capture program. Does anybody use this?

regards, John

Reply to
John

On Sunday 12 September 2004 09:22 pm, Clarence did deign to grace us with the following:

No, in fact, I've never even heard of it. Is it a movie or something?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Looks like you could be? Damn, that's lame. Shoot first, then apologize to the carcass, eh?

I've been designing circuits for about the same amount of time you have. I do know something about Spice engines, but I know a whole lot more about circuits ("whole lot more" must have been what you meant by "f'all").

-- Mike --

Reply to
Mike