Protel 99SE

I'm drawing up a power circuit, the footprints and all the rest are all ok however when i update the PCB there are errors generated around the diodes saying: ERROR: Node not found. When i take the diodes out the circuit updates without error. All the foorprints libraries are available to the PCB. Any help would be great, Thanks Graham Taitt

Reply to
Graham Taitt

Check that the pin numbers on the schematic symbol and the PCB footprint agree. You will likely find that the schematic pins are A and K while the PCB pins are 1 and 2 (or something like that) - edit the schematic symbol or the footprint (or both) to make the pin numbers match.

It appears that Protel's schematic library creators and their PCB counterparts weren't permitted to collaborate - there are many such discrepancies in the libraries.

Also - check hole sizes on the PCB. On many footprints, the holes are too small for my liking (and sometimes too small for the intended part

- particularly the .025 square post headers).

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

On the diodes the foot prints are numbered 'A' and 'C' on the schematic they are 1 & 2 so you will need to change them.

Reply to
Clarence

Hello Graham,

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Graham Taitt) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

take care that you use the "Pin Number" from the schematic symbol as the reference to create the pad designators in the footprint!

Although the name is listed above the number of the pin, it is ONLY the number that Protel uses to link schematic symbols and footprints. There is NO WAY tho change this behaviour.

Reply to
Michael Bohlender

I have also seen where someone had the lead (or pins) backwards. It looks "ok" on the schmatic because the display pin and name are turned off. But, its not hooked up to anything....

Reply to
ånønÿmøu§