xilinx edk6.2.03i simulation with ncsim

Hi,has anyone used ncsim for simulation with edk6.2.03i? I am having trouble finding the precompiled edk cores (e.g. microblaze) for ncsim. The documentation states that ncsim is supported, but the compedklib utility complains that it can't find any precompliled cores nor does any thing resembling it exists anywhere in the EDK installation. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jin

Reply to
yujia jin

Have you tried `compedklib --help` ?

==== quote==== Use Case I: Compiling HDL sources in the built-in repositories in the EDK

The most common use case is as follows:

compedklib -o -X

In this case the 'pcores' available in the EDK install are compiled and the stored in . The value to the '-X' option indicates the directory containing the models outputted by 'compxlib'. such as the 'unisim', 'simprim' and 'XilinxCoreLib' compiled libraries. ==== end quote ====

Does that work?

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams

Hi John, Thanks for your advice. I did look up compedklib --help before, along with the info that is contained in the platform_studio_ug.pdf under the compiling EDK behavioral simulation libraries section. Here is a more detailed description of the problem.

The exact compedklib command that I used is

compedklib -s ncsim -o output-dir-name -X compxlib-output-dir-name

I was able to run the compxlib utility successfully earlier, which generated ncsim compiled libraries for unisim, simprim, and XilinxCorelib. The -X option is pointing to the corresponding xilinx libraries directory.

The above compedklib gave me the following error message at the prompt

Scanning repositories for pcores ... 10 pcores located with (0) errors 20 pcores located with (0) errors 30 pcores located with (0) errors 40 pcores located with (38) errors See compedklib.log for execution log. Exiting: too many errors

The log file contains many lines that looks like the following ERROR::Cannot locate pre-compiled library microblaze_v1_00_c

I also looked into the resulting output directory. It only contains many empty sub directories.

I tried to look for the pre-compiled library for ncsim because according to compedklib --help

Some 'pcores' are secure in that their source code is not available. In such cases, the repository contains the compiled models. These are copied out into

and the microblaze vhdl source files in the pcores directory are encrypted. I only found the compiled models for the mti version under EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorsIPLib/CompiledModels. Nothing similar for ncsim was found. That is why I am confused. If simulation with ncsim is supported as according to the documentation, then where are the precompiled libraries for the EDK?

Thanks again.

Jin

Reply to
yujia jin

Hi John, Thanks for you help. I did look up compedklib --help before, along with the info in platform studio user guide under the section compiling EDK behavioral simulation libraries. Here are some more detail to my problem.

The exact command that I executed is compedklib -s ncsim -o compedklib -X compxlib The compxlib directory contains the ncsim compiled librarys for unisim, simprim, and XilinxCoreLib. The errors I are got at prompt are

Scanning repositories for pcores ... 10 pcores located with (0) errors 20 pcores located with (0) errors 30 pcores located with (0) errors 40 pcores located with (38) errors See compedklib.log for execution log. Exiting: too many errors

The errors in the log files are all similar to ERROR::Cannot locate pre-compiled library microblaze_v1_00_c The output directory contains only empty sub directories.

I tried to find the precompiled libraries for ncsim, but only found those for mti under EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/CompiledModels.

Thanks again

jin

Reply to
yujia jin

Ah yes I see now what you mean. I'd be contacting Xilinx support on this one - there's really not much you can do with that encrypted VHDL...

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams