Print 2d barcode on PCB

Hi, I hope to have chosen the right newsgroup but I didn't know where to ask. I have to print a barcode on PCB and I have only 5 x 10 mm space in which I can print. What I need in order to make it? What machinery is necessary? Thanks at all in advance.

Mirko

Reply to
Mirko

maybe google "brady label printer barcode" or similar search string

Reply to
Borat

Thanks Borat, but the problem is that I have only 5 x 10 millimeters available for printing onto the PCB for this reason it's very difficult print onto a label. I think is necessary print directly onto PCB, but I have no idea to make it. However thanks for your help! Mirko

Borat ha scritto:

Reply to
Mirko

Mirko

I believe that you can get a standard font for the bar code numbers, import them as per the pcb tool you are using.

You don't stand a chance with the silkscreen to the resolution you need. Your only hope (and even then you will PAY for it) is on the top or bottom metal layer and remember to remove the solder resist. However I will be surprised if you get the contrast that is needed for a bar code scanner to see it. I'll give good odds that you end up with a bigger bar code, using a printed label, on the break off portion of your pcb panel.

Col> Thanks Borat, but the problem is that I have only 5 x 10 millimeters

Reply to
colin_toogood

That will get you the font, just write the code in text (following the instructions given with the font zipfile). Assuming your PCB program can use true type fonts for text.

But as someone else says, resolution may well be problematic.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

( He mentioned a 2D (chequerboard) type barcode, so his resolution problems are ^2 as compared to the normal stripe patterns) john

john jardine

Is the barcode different for every board?

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

Sorry, he did. He's being a bit greedy.

Reply to
Paul Burke

Reply to
Mirko

It might not give you enough contrast for the reader. Laser engraved part numbers on chip are difficult to read at best of times. And that is with cranial processing. Check out the contrast requirements of the reader.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

Thanks Boris, in your opinion what would be the best solution? Thank you, Mirko

Boris Mohar ha scritto:

Reply to
Mirko