Old trackball won't work on modern laptops

Sorry, don't have flash player. Touch screens are ok but not for CAD. They'd wear out in a jiffy and get messy when you eat a bit while doing CAD. I know, I know, thou shalt not do that but...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

_I_ only _drink_ while doing CAD ;-)

Scallops, pasta, and a couple glasses of wine for lunch... whe-e-e-e ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Lots of water here. When I have to design past 8:00pm also a glass of Guinness, or Fat Tire ale.

After hearing so much about your gourmet lunches, what's your HDL and LDL values?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Only mildly over "normal"... red wine saves my butt ;-)

Generally, though, I avoid the wine when I needs to think... this afternoon is free... I bought that big-ass SimpleTech drive and am imaging everything in sight... so I sit here and play Solitaire and read the newsgroups while the system does its own thing ;-)

...Jim Thompson

[...]

Good. You must have the right genes then. Many HDL/LDL problems are hereditary.

Nice. I don't have that luxury right now. Doing a design that has to fit onto slightly under one square inch, yuck, but at least it's 50% analog stuff. Much of the work is finding parts that come in salt-grain size packages and are actually in stock somewhere. Oh well, but I will squeeze in a dog walk later today.

Did you get that laser design licked? Mine's done but the DFB was a tad too sluggish, waiting for the shipment of a better one. But I guess it's just setting some parameters when it arrives and it'll play (if the specs hold what they promise).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Yep, I know, Flush Player crap (why do they always have "Skip intro" instead of "View Intro"?) but there is some very intersting stuff around, surely you have a spare garbage network PC that you can put Adobe Flush on?

And always carry a pair of latex gloves, in case you have to use an internet cafe

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Nope. When a site can only be viewed with some kind of player I assume an aggravated case of incompetence. Meaning the site is most likely not worth the time anyhow.

I've never been to an Internet cafe. Well, maybe at some airport and without knowing it but then only to have a coffee.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Does the latter always taste like burnt rubber or was it just the glass I had?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany
[...]

It's 'sposed to taste like that. Just like Guinness it takes a few glasses to acquire the taste. It is one of my favorite ales. After the ones from our local brewpub, of course.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (23 Jan 2007 11:05:21 GMT) it happened jasen wrote in :

This is not completely correct, read the wine myth FAQ.

Jan Panteltje

Everything to do with the ICE is tricky so any dosemu pain will just be a part of a more comprehensive painmaking operation. However, it does sound as if it may be a route with a chance of success.

I've seen a few motherboards and they are not crazily priced and I don't mind spending a bit of cash for the right thing anyway. Someone mentioned a PCI to ISA converter which may allow me to use my existing hardware but it does add another layer of abstraction onto the layers already introduced by linux and dosemu.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

It didn't sag when connecting the trackball. But that might be because its regulator is out of regulation and doesn't draw much current.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Nah, only tubes :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

No field mice ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

I like the sig " sometimes I cook with wine... other I even add it to the food" annon classic

mhp

Reply to
LVMarc

We've got a family of foxes living around us and they take care of these :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

We have coyotes year-round. The cold weather has driven the big hawks south from the high mountains so they are circling my hill-side right now. Haven't seen the pair of great-horned owls yet this _Spring_ ;-)

...Jim Thompson

We've got turkey vultures here. AFAIK they call them hawks in other parts of the country. The large rock in front of our entrance has been converted into a time-share. In the morning a cat curls up on it and takes a long nap. Around lunch time a pair of vultures sits there spreading their wings after a bath. In the evening papa fox or mama fox dozes off on it for a few hours. None of them takes off when we go in and out. They do if it's other people.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

AKA "Computer Condoms"?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Joerg wrote: (snip)

Amen to that, Joerg. Stuff is either made so cheap that it breaks long before it should or the new models of the things it's used with render it obsolete. Either way, ya gotta buy new. It sux.

Try to find a new SCSI scanner or an x-GHz AT motherboard. Was checking out DVD burners on the Plextor site the other day and did a double-take when I noticed that all on that page, except one, is USB. Only the one odd one is ATAPI.

You think you have a problem? My OS doesn't support USB.

-- Michael trapped in the 90's with OS/2 Warp 3

Reply to
Michael