Does Protel 99 SE work with Windows Vista ?

Hi all,

I need to install Protel 99 SE in a new laptop that I have to buy and all laptops now have Windows Vista. Does anyone know if Protel 99 SE works ok with vista ?

Thanks a bunch.

Reply to
Rodo

Dell have recently offered a reversion - XP - on their new machines. Don't know if Dell is on your radar though.

Reply to
budgie

know

I have heard it does, but in case it doesn't, you always have VirtualPC or similar to run XP or 2k.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Fiedler

From what I've heard, almost nothing works OK with vista.

Get a laptop with a CD or DVD drive, format the hard disk, and install Linux. Or, tell them to leave the Vista out and install some version of doze that you've had good luck with.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Not the ones from the *smart* vendors:

JeffM

I ordered my ASUS laptop with WinXP Pro preinstalled, no problem.

Reply to
James Beck

JeffM wrote:

James Beck wrote:

I forgot to mention that Dell has gone off the deep end on this whole **Your Favorite OS** thing. 8-)

The vendors who want to stay in business are realizing that *monoculture* ain't the future.

Reply to
JeffM

I was out looking for a laptop for my wife and the local stores all insisted that Vista pre-installed was required - so I told them my money was not required and they could keep their crapware. I found a laptop with NO OS pre-installed at my local friendly store and loaded up Ubuntu which does all she needs.

Vista is the biggest footgun in the history of computers, it seems.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Tripe like that is what makes YOU the troll, boy.

ALL he has to do is change the properties of the installation file to make it appear as to be running under XP or W2k, and then, MAYBE do the same with the executable in the installed Pkg.

Right click on file, select "Properties", then the "Compatibility" tab.

Oh boy... any two year old could do it that isn't on the piss and moan idiot wagon.

Go.ABC.com would not let me watch a live episode with their newest viewer until I did this with my Explorer and Firefox programs. Afterward, they were unaware of what the OS was. NOW, they have since added Vista acceptance, and I reset my browsers. It isn't any more difficult than a few mouse clicks... SHEESH, boys... get with it. Don't just ASSUME, ASK for help.

You guys are worse than male drivers that refuse to stop and look at THE ROAD MAP!

This is not new to Vista. XP had similar problems and they were addressed in the same manner.

How many YEARS behind are you idiots going to fall before you realize that the problem is YOU?

The OS works fine.

Reply to
JackShephard

You guys are backward idiots.

The SMART VENDORS DO offer it!

Maybe one day, you'll all catch up.

Knowing how dumb you guys are acting, it will be after DRM in the apps you use REQUIRE you to do so.

Did you all not install the dot net frameworks so you could chat online? SAME SHIT.

Catch up, or stay at home, pounding your puds.

Reply to
JackShephard

Dell is also going to be offering Linux gear as well. There is an article in the Linux Journal mag about that very thing, and Dell's customer survey, and the list of thousands of responses for everything from NO pre-installed OS to various Linux configurations.

Reply to
JackShephard

Only for foottards.

Reply to
JackShephard

I've got laptop preinstalled with vista & most of my electronics softwares dint run on it!!! now m back to XP again! better dont go for vista..

Reply to
Dh

Guess you'd better plonk me then, I guess.

Good day. Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Tue, 29 May 2007 19:48:23 -0700, JackShephard wrote: ...

Are all vista users as sophisticated and genteel as you appear to be?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That's a new sock of massiveprong.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Meat Plow

You're an ass, but you really aren't that good at it.

Keep working at it; practise makes perfect we're told

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Shame we can't delete the virus that you are.

I sure hope you paid a lot for it. Bwuahahahahaha!

Does you skull generate as much heat as a 100W light bulb when you're mad, KeithKiethStain? Bwuahahahahaha!

Reply to
JackShephard

IKYABWAI

Especially when you learn how to spell it correctly.

You should PRACTICE, you might get it right one day.

disingenuous asswipe.

Reply to
JackShephard

Wow, such repartee! Is your neuron tired?

Of course, Dimmy. Nice quoting BTW, MassivelyWrong.

You're the dim bulb that doesn't think a 100W light bulb generates

100W of heat, Dimbulb.
--
  Keith
Reply to