LM723 Based Power Supply

I needed the scrub brush because the keytops were so thick with finger crud that you couldn't see the letters. I touch-type, so it was no big deal to me, but one day I had to have everybody come into my office to set their email password, and they uniformly complained about not being able to see the keys.

And the brush was definitely less work than popping and cleaning individual key tops. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Michael A. Terrell:

Bigger and "plentyer". What a guy! ;-)

--
Saluti
Reply to

I am a 100% disabled US Army Veteran. The VA has declared that I can never work again, so I collect & repair computers to give away as a hobby. I get a lot morre keyboards than I do computers, and very few are defective so I always have more than I need.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

key.

Don't you have good enough manners not to eat over a keyboard?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So is the ammonia.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I can

I used to work for an IT place driving my truck doing pickups/ delivery. When customers would upgrade, we ended up hauling all the old stuff away and storing it at the office until we had 100 or so systems, keyboards, mice, printers, etc. They finally decided to just scrap the stuff and I hauled several truckloads to the recycle place. I saved 3 systems and took them home plus a few extra keyboards and mice. But I'm still using a P3 machine and a dial-up connection.

But on the better investment side, I found a bagfull of 2N110 point contact transistors from the 1950s at a garage sale for a couple bucks. I sold one on ebay to some guy in Australia who paid $12 just for shipping. I only made $2 and haven't tried the second sale yet.

I like to collect small stuff where I can fit a few hundred in a bag.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

:-)

Reply to
Rich Grise

I do the computers to help people, and for the exercise. :)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On a sunny day (Fri, 22 Oct 2010 20:35:16 -0400) it happened "Michael A. Terrell" wrote in :

a key.

No But I clean what I spill. Bet other's lunches are still present in yours.

My shortest lived keyboard was a 10 guilders (4 $ or so at the time?) new keyboard. I spilled tea in it in the first 2 minutes. It had a foil membrane, and the tea got between the layers immediately. Somehow it no longer made contact after that.

I use a Logitech keyboard these days, many a cup of coffee went into it, no problem, just take it apart and clean it. Not the most perfect keys to type, but very good quality keyboard. Why need so many? This is now about 10 years old and still 100%.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

press a key.

How much? I still have new keyboards that are still in sealed boxes.

keyboard.

I have had more failures because of doing web design. Bad cords, worn out switches and the occasion smashed keyboard when someone walks in with a heavy item and plops it on a keyboard. I've had a few that start sending random garbage to the computer in the last 15 years.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tim Williams expounded in news:i9mv68$udl$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Mouser lists MJ15001 as "End of Life: Scheduled for obsolescence and will be discontinued by the supplier.".

I suspect that the 2N3055 will still be around still, long after it is gone. :)

Warren

Reply to
Warren

"Warren"

** That remark applies to all ON Semi TO3 pack devices - all they are doing is replacing them with Pb free versions.

The MJ15001G is such a device as is their 2N3055G.

That aside, TO3 packs are definitely getting rare as plastic packs have virtually taken over in all consumer applications.

Do the Chinese even know what a TO3 pack looks like ??

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Maybe so, but it's still a poor choice for PSU's. The gain falls off dramatically at any decent Ic. I wince whenever I see designs with these devices.

Reply to
who where