GhostScript/GhostView ??

Joerg inscribed thus:

I assume that you waited for the "Hold" time to expire !

--
Best Regards:
                      Baron.

A hold time? Nah, I'm done with OO. When I use MS-Word the problem simply goes away.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Try putting news: before the text above.

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Then the link does nothing at all on Mozilla :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

What happens with slashes?

news:// snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Nada, zilch, no reaction when clicking it :-(

Mozilla is a mixed bag. More reliable but some stuff doesn't work. Thunderbird is supposedly even more stable (not in my experience though) but lacks more features, for example the "next message" box.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Works in Netscape 4.78.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That tries to connect me to their news server, where I don't have an account, with Netscape 4.78.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Older software is often better than all this new stuff. The most stable browser I ever had was also my first one: Mosaic. That together with the CompuServe email client was the most rock solid web interface mankind could wish for. Not one lone crash or hickup in many years.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hi,

png is a bitmap format, and never as good as a vector format if you have a vector grafic. The pitty is that word isn't able to handle vector graphics in a useful way :-( Even Powerpoint can't do this in a clean way.

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

Ok, but PNG can be read by pretty much any PC and that's what really matters to my clients. Also, PNG produces schematics and stuff in small file sizes and stunning clarity.

I used to import lots of HPGL files into DOS-Word in the 90's. Never a problem. I don't know whether Win-Word does it as good, somehow HPGL has fizzled away a bit.