Futurenet to PADS conversion

I have quite a few older schematics in Futurenet 6.10, and although I can still run the old program to edit the files, I would rather recreate them in a more modern format. I have PADS PowerLogic and PADS Logic 2004SP2, and would like to convert the files so I can use the newer schematic editor and possibly use some of the specialized component library in new designs.

I have found many netlist converters, but most of my schematics are for electrical designs which are not for PCBs. I have started a Delphi project to convert the Futurenet binary files to PADS Version 4 ASCII files. I have been fairly successful, but so far I can only show connections as individual drafting lines, and the components do not have their internal graphics.

If anyone has information on the Futurenet file format, I would greatly appreciate it. I have figured out much of it by experimentation, but that is definitely a hard way to go.

If you'd like to see how my program works (so far), you can download it at:

I would like to know if anyone finds this helpful.

Once I have the format figured out, it should be possible to convert to other schematic tools you may be using, if I have the ASCII file format.

--
Paul E. Schoen, President
P S Technology, Inc.