free PADS software

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Not bad, 50" x 50" and 8 layer (6 signal) for $500. Less autorouter?

Is there any scripting in PADs?

Martin Riddle

Free license seems to be for only one year. Learning design software is a huge effort to spend on something that you can't rely on being there after a year.

Reply to
mike

The real PADS has Basic scripting, but we've never used it.

We sometimes export a schematic or a PCB in ASCII format and mash that with an editor or some Python, then bring it back in.

We have some Python that slurps up an FPGA pinout from a data sheet and creates the PADS schematic symbol, as an ASCII file that we can push into the PADS library. That saves huge amounts of work and mistakes.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ok, so I guess no scripting. You can't open PADS Layout files, but Layout can open Maker files.

There s 'Maker' version with 25in.^2 board size and 1500 nets. Could not fine the price tho.

Might just pickup all those disgruntled Eagle users.

Martin Riddle

The 'Maker' might just be the Freebee version.

Martin Riddle