Eagle: X/Y offset in Excellon files

I notice that even when X/Y offset is set to 0/0 in the CAM Processor there seems to be an arbitrary offset in the file X/Y coordinates when compared to coordinates in the editor. It also seems to vary from board to board. For example, a drill placed at 0,0 in the editor (.001" grid) ends up at 135,135 (1/1000" units) in the file. One has to use a -.135"/-.135" offset in order to get a 1:1 correlation. Why is this?

Reply to
oparr

I've had this happen when I ran the Excellon output after putting fab print marks to the left of and below the board's origin.

Solution: output Excellon before adding that stuff, or just put up with it.

I just put up with it, because all I really care about is registration of the drills and Gerbers. As long as I process everything after completely drawing the fab print, then it registers fine.

Good day!

Christopher R. Carlen
Principal Laser/Optical Technologist
Sandia National Laboratories CA USA
crcarle@sandia.gov -- NOTE: Remove "BOGUS" from email address to reply.
Reply to
Chris Carlen

the board bottom left hand corner of the board is not at (0,0), and the cam processor is set to output positive coords, which are based upon the actual board shape, so the (0 0) location is arbitrary.

regards

David

Reply to
David