Protel DXP

In earlier versions of Protel Schematic (and probably in DXP), you can either _move_ a component (acts as you describe) or _drag_ a component. Dragging will drag the wires along with the component (but it can get messy if you drag diagonally).

In PCB, you also should have a choice of move or drag - but I think it is on the options/board form. If "drag connected tracks" is selected, you won't be able to rotate the component (if you could, it would make a horrible mess!)

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Hello, When moving a component in DXP, the related wires connected to it keep their places (Wire dont move with the components both in schematics and board), anny one knows an issue, a patch to correct this ? Regards.

In schematics press CTRL while moving a components. I would prefer the opposite.

Reply to
nyffeler