HP1740A X-Y Mode

I would like to build the Lorenz Attractor circuit

mentioned in the recent "Neato chaotic equations for analog computers" thread, but my HP1740A 'scope has no external-X horizontal input.

On the back of the 1740A are 3 BNC sockets labelled HORIZ, VERT and Z-AXIS for connecting a 1607A logic analyzer. I presume these work when the yellow "STATE DSPL" button is depressed? Does anyone know what voltage levels are required to drive these inputs? I have no data on the 'scope ...

Thanks, Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

But a 1740A *has* x-y mode. It's just called A-vs-B.

John

OK, thanks. I see now. I've just done a Google image search for 1740A and found this:

My 1740A has a yellow "STATE DSPL" button where the A-vs-B button should be! There's a yellow stick-on label around the button covering up the original legend. Looks like some sort of option. Bummer. Anyone know how to re-enable the A-vs-B functionality?

Reply to
Andrew Holme

It's possible my 1740A has option 101 which is described as "Optimum performance with the 1607A Logic State Analyzer to provide both digital logical state and analog electrical analysis." Any info on how to roll back this option would be appreciated.

Reply to
Andrew Holme