Creating a 9-pin miniature socket for PCB

Couldn't find an engineering drawing for a 9 pin miniature tube socket in UB8.

In order to create the device in the database manager I selected a 10 pin "through-hole" device. The "radius" of a 9-pin miniature socket is approximately 380 mils, thus the circumference of a circle about the radius is roughly 2400 mils.

Draw a circle with "anchor" at 0,0 and diameter of 760 mils (i.e. a chord from 0,0 to 760, 760) Set the default pad size to 235 mils (with a 52 mil diam drill) and decorate the circle with the pads, #0 to #9. Eliminate the index pad at position 0,0. Each of the pin sockets can then be reduced to a convenient size -- 120 mils or so.

Reply to
Johnson

"Johnson"

** I just measured two 9 pin ceramic sockets in my stock.

Type 1 is a PCB style with a circle diameter of 20mm or 787 thou.

Type 2 is the common wire loop style with a circle diameter of 18 mm or 708 thou.

The pins of a tube are set on a diameter of 12mm or 472 thou.

Its all over the place.

Reply to
Phil Allison

http://71.253.3.106:808/~tesla/B9A.jpg

Hope this helps. Its not my drawing so there no guarantee :)

Adam

Reply to
Adam Stouffer