Name that socket (maybe pinout). 5-pin CCTV camera control

Hi all, I've been given a CCTV camera to suss-out. It's name is 'DSP x 22 COLOR VIDEO CAMERA' and although the PCB on the side says 'YTB V1.0 060330' I don't get Jack using my mate Mr. Google. At the rear of the camera are the following. S-Video (4-pin DIN) BNC (video-out)

5 pushbuttons. NEAR, FAR, TELE, WIDE & MENU And of course the mystery even-angled (** NON-DIN **) 5-pin connector. I assume this socket does the same as the 5 buttons - although I may be wrong. The 5-pin 'socket' is about 11.3mm OD and the pin centre's about 3mm dia. with 3 'balls' to anchor the plug.

Any ideas of what I should be searching for? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Phil.

Reply to
philx1

It could be the lens connector, for auto-iris lenses.

Reply to
Swanny

Hey Swanny,

Thanks much for the suggestion.

At least I now have the camera working with video out. The natural progression was to wire in +/- 12v which now leaves 4 connections (GND being external) so that would mean the FAR, NEAR, WIDE & TELE I guess. Now I haven't had much luck with the rear pushbuttons as they don't seem to do Jack. These buttons bring up the menu and I'm able to at least change the device 'ID', but no other button-pressing seems to do anything. Next thing I might try is to apply 12v to each of the 'mystery' wires and hope it does something. Of course the switching may be 5v (not 12v, which I'm hoping it's not). This camera doesn't have RS485 like other stuff I've searched on, so it's still a mystery, albeit the power connections.

Reply to
philx1

Hmm, narrowed it down a bit more. This is the closest I've found so far, although it has 6, not 5 pins for control, and the pushbutton layout is different.

Looks now like it may be a special RS232/485 protocol, although I'm still guessing.

More searching to do, and right now watching TV seems a better choice...

Reply to
philx1

So it has an integrated lens, rather than a separate one with a cable for focus, zoom and iris control?

If it is a remote comms connector then it may be one of several mechanisms. RS422, RS232, Biphase etc. Some of them are difficult to find any info on. I had to reverse engineer the Bosch BiPhase system at one stage, and built a little control module for cameras attached to it.

Do you know who the manufacturer of the camera is?

Reply to
Swanny

Yes, integrated lens etc. so it's a cheaper camera, and it looks very similar to this Chinese one although without the manufacturer's (ie. 'TE' name).

Sounds like you had some fun reverse-eng>

Reply to
philx1

Well, I've found out what the camera is by inadvertently using the magic of 'coincidence'.

I was looking for other cameras at a site I'd bought from in the past, and there it was!

Still no clues on the interface though...

Reply to
philx1