CAD software for IC Design

Hi

I was wondering which CAD IC design software packages were popular within the market place? I've been using Altera Quartus II and know of Protel but which packages have the best reputation and therefore are the most popular?

Regards

Chris

Reply to
Graystock

Do you want to design ICs, program FPGAs, or design PC boards that will hold ICs, including FPGAs?

Quartus is used to develop configuration files for Altera FPGAs.

Protel is used to design and lay out PC boards (but the latest version does apparently have some facility for confguring some FPGAs.)

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca