How to limit library choices to inventory on hand?

I'm just a home brewer, with a limited inventory of parts, so I'd like to limit the choices I see when I'm adding devices to things I'm likely to have.

One thought was to copy those device I have into a new library.. but this sounds a bit tedious..

Another thought was to somehow mark devices I have so that I can limit the display to those devices

Any other ideas on how to manage eagles libraries? I hate having to go through thousands of inductors to choose the 2 or 3 I keep around here.

thanks

- jim

jim