BGA pin coordinate

In Pads Logic, how to define a component with BGA pins?

For BGA package, the pin numbers are defined as

A1, A2,... A9; B1, B2,... B9; : : I1, I2,... I9;

They are not numbers!

Thanks!

Reply to
eeh

Don't know about PADS, but can you change the letters to numbers e.g.

01,02,03...11,12,13... 21,22,23? (you can't with EasyPC, the numbers have to be an unbroken sequence).

Otherwise you'll have to just number them and map manually.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Tools --> Part Editor -->Edit Electrical -->General. Check the "alphanumeric pins for part" box. This enables the Alphanumeric Pins tab, where you will need to enter each pin number individually. There's no auto-mapping capability that I'm aware of.

Brian Aase

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Brian Aase