Fast, low cost PCB fab

There must be a better way to fab 2 layer PCBs at low cost, quickly. I have no time but need PCBs quickly. It has

Reply to
Harry D

Harry D

Reply to
langwadt

Reply to
rickman

Reply to
Robert Baer

Reply to
Nico Coesel

"Harry D" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com... There must be a better way to fab 2 layer PCBs at low cost, quickly. I have no time but need PCBs quickly. It has

Reply to
TTman

Six overweight nerds to the ton, but they work for pizza & beer. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And if you don't like the layout, would you still pay for it ??

How long would it take you to layout the 15 parts on the board ?

How long would it take for someone else to figure out what you really want and then layout that same board ?

PCB art work is still more art then engineering.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Reply to
krw

Harry - get a copy of Eagle, which is, if memory serves, free for a board of the small size you're describing. Spend a day doing the layout your self - amazing how an auto router shortens the time required. Then email your gerber files to AP Circuits, or some similar pcb company that does quick turn arounds on bare 2 sided pcboards, ie no solder masks or printing or plating. Typically, two boards will be in the morning FedEx delivery within 3 days. Cost, including shipping, for 2 10 sq inch boards is in the neighborhood of $120. Elapsed time - 4 days. What more could you ask?

Hul

Harry D wrote:

Reply to
dbr

"Harry D" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com... There must be a better way to fab 2 layer PCBs at low cost, quickly. I have no time but need PCBs quickly. It has

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

That stuff you're on, does it need a prescription?

:-)

-- "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." (Richard Feynman)

Reply to
Fred Abse

No, old age dims the perception! I'm thinking that if a skilled PCB layout tech had the software and time, he could get a PCB router for cheap, spend time on it to improve his skills then sell his service. My job with 16 SM parts (0805 + SOT23-5) could be l ayout in a few hours and rout in a few hours. At $100 a crack he is making minimum wage in some cabin in Minnesota, and no 1099s.

Reply to
Harry D

| No, old age dims the perception! | I'm thinking that if a skilled PCB layout tech had the software and time, he could get a PCB router for cheap, spend | time on it to improve his skills then sell his service. My job with 16 SM parts (0805 + SOT23-5) could be layout in | a few hours and rout in a few hours. At $100 a crack he is making minimum wage in some cabin in Minnesota, and no | | 1099s.

Suppose you're a real optimist. A crack for less then $25,- an hour for the design including the time and material for the PCB's. Nevertheless, as I

*am* curious you can send the schematic and the BOM and I'll see what I can do for you... If anything.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter