Looking for USB host chip with PCIe

Hi,

I'm finding it hard to locate a suitable device for a new design of mine.

The hypothetical part would be a PCI Express endpoint (x1, rev 1 or rev 2) to two host ports of UsB2.

I've looked at:

- Renesas/NEC ?PD720200 (2xUSB3)

- PLX OXPCIe200 (2xUSB2+UART+GPIO)

- Pericom PI7C9X442SL (4xUSB2)

- Moschip MCS9990 (4xUSB2+GPIO)

These would all do the job, however they are either in BGAs with a 0.65mm pitch, or QFPs with a 0.4mm pitch. Such fine pitches will increase manufacturing costs more than I'd like.

Does anyone know of other UsB host controllers?

TIA, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

)

MPC8308 and a bunch of other chips in the MPC8xxx family. That gets you 0.8mm pitch BGAs. Somewhere there may be a 1mm pitch BGA processor with the features you want. But if you want TQFP or something like that, I doubt that you'll find anything at all with PCIe.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Maryan

Sorry I didn't make it clearer - I'm not after a processor, just a peripheral to attach to a single lane of PCIe.

0.8mm pitch BGA would be fine.

I've also seen plenty of plug in PCIe cards that have a PCIe to PCI bridge, then a PCI to 4 (or more) host ports of USB. That would get the job done, but I'm after a single chip due to area constraints.

Cheers, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman