Abate Holding Your Breath...Thompson's Design

I rarely use LTspice, I use it for running netlists generated by other programs that lack the speed-up needed for things like crystal oscillators. But LTspice lacks the presentation-level graphics needed for design reviews.

You know I don't design by fiddling. Why do you keep persisting on that lie? How many times have I said I design by pad and paper, then _verify_ with PSpice. One might assume your lie is intentional to kill off business that might come my way otherwise. My lawyer calls that tortuous interference. Knock it off or meet my lawyer.

You clearly haven't analyzed, or Spiced, the model. I have.

Show us the "design" with values, so it can be verified.

If you keep up this nonsense I will sue you for tortuous interference. If you think not, try me. ...Jim Thompson

Yep. Looking at modern bikes, everyone is using LED's. ...Jim Thompson

I bet whatever 'dynamo' you have is better than my old Sturmey archer AG hub which would only shift 1.8W loaded by the specified bulbs.

Currently I use it to charge a 1.2Ah SLA battery which powers a pair of current sensing flyback converters that feed to series chains of LEDs, my design was published in Elektor a few years ago.

The subject of my post on SED that triggered this thread here by JT was a request on whether better load matching an old SA 'dynamo' could squeeze more power from it - the consencus seems to be yes.

The extra power going into the battery would be handy for occasional use of a 3W star LED "main beam" for unlit sections of cycleway.

Reply to
Ian Field

Oh dear, he's given up on a fist fight, and on a road race, and is now siccing his lawyer on me. Whatta man.

If you don't want people to think that you are incompetant, say something substantive about the power transfer issues here.

John

Isn't there something about "being of sound body and mind" before you can instruct a lawyer?

Reply to
Ian Field

You shouldn't have said that. Now he's gonna sue you, too.

John

Tortious interference.

"Tortuous interference" is like in the scene in "The Princess Bride" where the machine is attached to the hero's nipples.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Isn't it funny that those questioning my "being of sound body and mind" are of the most incompetent here, definitely Ian, or one who _never_ shows full analysis or component types or values... everything is a platitude.

Oh well. I'll win in the end. Watch me ;-) ...Jim Thompson

He'd probably enjoy that.

Reply to
Ian Field

I spelled it the first way, but the spellchecker had its way with me.... :-(

But the machine on Larkin's nipples would work also ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Well so would I.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Look I just don't want to inflame the argument by asking for anything, but since he wants to settle the argument at the functional level first before getting into the details (which might be because he's used to being part of a design team while you're solo) then it would be nice if we could just proceed that way and get to the next step. I don't think you addressed his diagram at that level. I'm curious about the fact that it looks like a linear regulator (no inductor). And I wonder if the transformer does any good. All these things could be discussed matter-of-factly without a single slur and it would get somewhere.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I tried a New Year's token of peace and was rebuffed.

A block diagram _always_ "works" ;-) (But Larkin thinks only his do... and my behavioral representations are just cartoons. Never mind that my "blocks" actually do something rather than just lying there pretending to be God's solution to all difficulties :-)

And I do design by block that way... most of the time, in fact.

This last chip design I did in NY was almost an extreme... I did the WHOLE architecture in behavioral... Functionally working to specification, then gradually replaced each behavioral block with a device-level cell. I found it rather nice to work it out that way.

I don't think Larkin has a clue about behavioral modeling and analysis. I find it useful because it's screamingly fast.

If anyone is interested, I've devised ways to interface behavioral to analog or digital, specify levels, delays, rise and fall, etc., both directions, as _little_ symbols that don't get in my way on the schematic.

Next week is back on a new chip design. This week I'm cleaning up the random clutter on my website. I'll announce when the re-index is done, and where you can get these interfaces, if you want. ...Jim Thompson

They also build drive motors into the hubs for battery powered bikes. I'm sure if you look on youtube, someone has a perpetual motion bike with a generator on the front wheel and a drive motor on the back. Mikek :-)

*tongue firmly in cheek
Reply to
amdx

Perhaps a "hybrid" bike that would store energy from the downhills to play back on the uphills.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Ian, i think you are starting to see some new light.

Can you get an actual sample of the waveform coming out of your dynamo?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

getting=20

Just how much do you really have to respond in kind?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

As usual, a topology, no component values whatsoever. Soo short of a design. Why did you waste everyone's time with a wishful thinking approach? Or are too innumerate to supply numbers / component values?

I hope this enlightens you on why some here devalue some of your "contributions".

?-(

Reply to
josephkk

message=20

the

real

can=20

There never was nor will there ever will be; there are way too many "wealthy eccentrics" for that.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Pissants. Wikipedia went dark over SOAP and ProIP legislation. Good = luck looking it up if Google and Yahoo go dark as well.

?>:-(((

Reply to
josephkk