where is Thompson's design?

JT kept promising to post a design for the bicycle alternator boost regulator "tomorrow." I suppose it was too much for him and he gave up. I *told* him that Fields could give him help with the 555.

John

Is there any way you could grow up a little? Your personal vendettas make you look like a teenager. They really have no place for someone who is trying to earn a reputation as a reliable supplier of advanced electronic equipment. You have a larger place in life.

I recommend when you find something you don't like, just smile and find something productive to occupy yourself. Your heart rate and blood pressure will subside, and your digestion will work better.

Live a longer and happier life. Learn to ignore these petty trivias. There is nothing you can do to change things, and it only makes you look immature.

Perhaps if you learn to hold your tongue, much of the other stuff will subside also. Right now, you are just being a troll. You have better things to do.

Regards,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

It's done, but I haven't maximized my Schadenfreude from your whining yet. After your "annoying others" behavior reaches a peak I will release the schematic and the performance results. BTW, your auto-transformer idea doesn't work... at least based on the data Marcel provided :-cp

Flail away, Schadenfreude, Schadenfreude, Schadenfreude... dork, dork dork :-) ...Jim Thompson

Sorry, John. That would be a pointless waste of my time.

There is something wrong with your mind. It is becoming more and more evident.

Rational discourse with you is not possible. I will forget I even tried.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Lots of stuff you haven't done yet. Oh well, there's always "tomorrow."

After your "annoying others" behavior reaches a peak I will

Stalling for time.

I did sim the autotransformer, and it worked as expected... how could it not? Of course, it has to be before the rectifier. I don't think you understand magnetics very well.

Don't give up! A 555 only has 8 pins, so you might get it to work eventually.

John

Well, you won't discuss electronics.

I will forget I even tried.

Promise?

John

Wheeeeee! I'm so getting under your skin! And you're wrong, wrong, wrong... you tried the autotransformer with a current source, just like I did initially, and it works that way... BUT it doesn't with the dynamo as modeled with the paper provided by Marcel.

Schadenfreude, Schadenfreude... dork, dork, dork :-) ...Jim Thompson

I used the values from Marcel's paper. How could it not work? Once the speed gets up, the alternator is practically a current source. There's plenty of voltage to throw away.

If there's *not* excess voltage available, a buck switcher can't help. As I noted some days ago, a step-down transformer and a buck switcher are both current multipliers, the main difference being that the transformer is simpler and doesn't have stability problems.

Hang in there.

John

Because you failed to pay attention to details.

Bluff, bluff, bluff, but it'll do you no good.

Schadenfreude, Schadenfreude... dork, dork, dork :-)

And... cluck, cluck, cluck >:-} ...Jim Thompson

If you don't start them up very often, the updates can accumulate. My lap-top doesn't get used very often when I'm at home, and I make a habit of starting it up the day before I'm going to need it so that it can get itself up-to-date (and I've got to start up LTSpice as well - in administrator mode - because it only up-dates when you turn it on).

And Windows 3.1 came on a stack of floppy disks? Better than toggling the RIM loader into a PDP-8 so that it could load the proper loader from paper tape ... and just as relevant.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Post your design, as promised, and we'll see how good it is.

John

Post the autotransformer working first, showing your work and proof that it works, then I'll post mine.

Bluff, bluff, bluff, but it'll do you no good.

Schadenfreude, Schadenfreude... dork, dork, dork :-)

Cleaning house is so-o-o-o-o much fun >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I never promised to post anything. You did, and you're days overdue.

Can't get it to work, I suppose. Pity, after all the hours you've put into it.

John

Heck, I could toggle RIM in to a PDP-8 in a tiny fraction of the time it takes this Win7 thing to start up. With, roughly, 4000x the compute power. And one didn't have to toggle in RIM very often.

This is progress?

John

Buck, yes?
Reply to
John Fields

Yes, buck. Or maybe he'll surprise us with a sepic or flyback or resonant thing or something. He *is* a Master Circuit Designer... he told us so himself.

My stomach is fine. I take Omeprozole to prevent occasional reflux. That runs in my family. I could also fix it the traditional way, by not eating pizza after 6PM, but that's no fun.

Bodies aren't perfect. If some drug makes mine work better, why not?

But asking Thompson to post what he promised to post isn't vitriol. His circuit might be fun. Where is it?

John

LTSpice can be updated at anytime, start as admin, Tools -> Sync Release.

The start as admin is not a fault of LTSpice, but MSFT trying to avoid stepping in the crap of their own making.

Grant.

Reply to
omg

On a sunny day (Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:03:04 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I bought this one, and am playing with it:

It starts win7 in < 20 seconds. But there are problems. The graphics unit is so new there is no Linux driver that I can get X windows working. It has in fact both a simple Intel graphics chip, and a medium range AMD Radeon one, that win7 virus allows you to select one, of course that does not always work. It is very very fast, has a 8GB solid state cache disk. But the LCD screen has a viewing angle of only +- 5 degrees. It is matte however, you can work in bright sunlight. It seems however I am stuck with that Redmond virus 7 for a while, until I can find or write a Linux that runs on it. Of course nothing works in win 7, except putting a ethernet cable in it, it cannot even connect to my Wifi networks (everything else here can). In my view is has now become so stupid that it fragments what is two setup text lines in Linux to hundreds of not thousands of litte windows and non-wizzards that then say 'shall I fix this for you?', never fix anything if you say yes, and neither if you say no. Microsoft is a crime against humanity. I have some Slackware Linux on order, and an other Ubuntu Linux and grml Linux to test. Redmond should be nuked. Here I am testing a USB HDTV satellite receiver I just bought,
of course win7 virus does not like that, it decided to run it in 'safe mode', picture starts and stops and starts and stops. No way I know how to get out of 'safe mode'. But hey, Terratec is German and has even good Linux support:
So when I get rid of that virus and install Linux I think it should run OK. Nice little box, size of a pack of cigarettes, with a remote too.
The pro of this laptops is: matte screen USB 3 High quality graphics (once it works I suppose). And > 5 hour battery life, even playing HD movies.

1600x900 screen. But I only recommend it for nerds, really, it could nerve wrack you. Nuke below horizon:
Jan Panteltje

requiring administrative privileges to install programs makes sense and is it not unique to MS

I think it is LTspice that took the short route requiring run-as- adminstrator instead of popping up the UAC prompt when it needs to

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

On a sunny day (Sat, 14 Jan 2012 07:08:14 -0600) it happened amdx wrote in :

Yea, what more can you wish for?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje