Today Myer launches under $1000AUD GST free, Chinese on line shop.

Live Today:

Myer joins e-commerce rush

After threatening in December to launch a China-based retail website to allow Australian customers to shop GST-free, Myer has pushed the button on the experimental site with the online shop going live this morning.

Called myfind.com, the site is supported by a back office in Hong Kong and China that will offer a range of clothes, housewares and other merchandise to Australian shoppers and then fill those orders offshore.

As is the case with popular foreign retail websites such as Amazon.com and eBay.com, the goods will then be posted to Australia - but because they are coming from offshore, all purchases below $1000 will be GST free.

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Can't beat them, so join them? Still just a little bit hypocritical.

Though I'm willing to bet they're artificially marking prices up a bit to make up for their lost local sales.

--
I find myself beside a stream of empty thought
Reply to

llow Australian customers to shop GST-free,

going live this morning.

d China that will offer a range of clothes,

se orders offshore.

d eBay.com, the goods will then be posted to

w $1000 will be GST free.

Lost Australian Jobs ? I bet there have been plenty created by small online business, both on and off Ebay.

The savings in not being ripped off by Myer and co, also results in extra spending locally too I would bet that that creates jobs, and raises living standards, especially for those who work for low wages at these large chain stores.

Reply to
kreed

John Tserkezis wrote

Nope, not when they said they would do that if the govt didnt start charging the GST on all imports.

up for their lost local sales.

You dont know they even have any lost local sales.

Reply to
Rod Speed

the GST on all imports.

So their prices are STILL going to be higher than individual imports from China? Perhaps not as high as local stores, but still higher. I'm still at a loss as to how this is going to help anyone OTHER than Myers die-hards.

make up for their lost local sales.

So their whining has nothing to do with actual losses then? You think they like whining just because it's fun?

--
Junior! Quit playing with your floppy.
Reply to

Don't look razzel dazzel price wise to me?

I bought a Dicksmith catalogue priced Toshiba 15.6 laptop for $500 and got a $50 Woolworths voucher I spent in Dan Murphy's Grog shop

-- Petzl Liberal Labor? Pot Kettle? Ask your MP on their stand on a Moslem moratorium! Vote 1, Christian Democratic Party, for one.

Liberal Labor are like the Roman Republic where rich politicians try and induce votes by bribing plebians with elaborate promises and colloseum games.

Reply to
Petzl

???????? buying stuff from over seas is gst free.......... i just bought several items $1260, $ 1400 and $ 1800 never paid a red cent in gst.

Reply to
no one

Not always.

in gst.