Rob Wifi Network Unlocker For 802.11G

My friend Mick sent me this one. Sounded too good to be true.

Took me a little while before I found out what the catch was:

Anyone?

Cheers Don...

======================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

what a rip off : this is cheaper.

no one

HaHaHa what a joke.

The last elcheapo 8187L Realtek USB adapter I bought they chucked a CD of BackTrack 3 in gratis.

I see BT5 is out today.

Reply to
Dr Who

they sell you a standard usb wireless adapter and give you a cd

the cd is back track 3 or 5 , a free download off the net used for wireless network security.

plus they say it can only do WEP which can be cracked in under 60 seconds anyway. WPA & WPA-PSK are the hard ones

no one

network security.

anyway. WPA & WPA-PSK are the hard ones

BackTrack 3 in gratis.

Well I suppose some people are dumb enough to fall for it.

Reply to
Dr Who

wireless network security.

anyway. WPA& WPA-PSK are the hard ones

The Rob Wifi cracker is stand alone... you dont need software to do the cracking (read the reviews)..

Yes it is only WEP but it also is a 3G router.. I reckon it would be good for in motel rooms etc whilst on holidays..

Mik

Reply to
Mick DaDik

wireless network security.

anyway. WPA& WPA-PSK are the hard ones

cracking (read the reviews)..

in motel rooms etc whilst on holidays..

Obviously it needs software to operarte.

The software will be on an EPROM or ROM in the unit.

I suspect it is just Backtrack.

Reply to
Dr Who

cracking (read the reviews)..

in motel rooms etc whilst on holidays..

Definately need some firmware of some sort... probably runs a mini linux or something..

Even though it only does WEP I find it exciting and scary at the same time... I am going to have to change my setup to wpa now because of this problem with wep security.

mik

Reply to
Mick DaDik

cracking (read the reviews)..

for in motel rooms etc whilst on holidays..

something..

I am going to have to change my setup to wpa now because of this problem with wep security.

To me it looks like a MiFi with a bit of firmware.

WEP has been easy to crack for a very long time.

WPA is crackable if you use dictionary words.

When using WPA make sure the pass phrase is more than 24 characters long and uses random characters - it's unlikely anyone without a Cray computer could then crack it.

Reply to
Dr Who

3G? It has a sim card for phones?
Reply to