Protel 16pin TSSOP foot print

Can anyone send me the 16pin TSSOP foot print?

OR

Where can I obtain it?

Thanks in Advance

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

"Joe G \(Home\)" wrote in news:43e374a2$0$15123 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au:

Gee, when I was a boy (and did that stuff for a living), we used to head to the bookshelf, pull out the mechanical data sheet, and make our own footprints. If it's something interesting you draw it from scratch. In this case, take a bigger or smaller version of the same package and modify it.

Using standard library parts without first consulting your soldering/assembly contractor is pretty much asking for trouble with SMD anyway. Library parts are never quite right, doubly so with SMD.

GB

Reply to
GB

I always used the manufacturers recommended footprint. However, there is some standards org (that I cant remember for the life of me) that has standard footprints. Most are pretty good, and i think you can retreive one at a time from their website.

Reply to
The Real Andy

The Real Andy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Manufacturer's standard footprint (ie: duplicate the layout from the spec sheet) would be as best as most soldering/assembly orgs could hope for. What would not be good is to take the software mob's 'standard' footprint. When you consider that some of those libraries are built by putting the work experience kid in a dark room and encouraging him to build as many variations on any given theme as he can without regard for mechanical properties of molten solder, cooling solder, etc, then those footprints may turn out to be, shall we say, less than optimal.

GB

Reply to
GB

You could always look here:

but you will still have to define the pattern for your PCB programme.

Alan

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need.

Reply to
Alan

Thats the place thanks Alan. The last time i did a PCB layout commercially would have been about 5 year ago now. I cant beleive how fast time goes...

Reply to
The Real Andy

I always got the work experience kid to do the footprints this way :)

Reply to
The Real Andy