Plimer and Silicon Chip

What deterent? The treaty is worth less as paper than toilet paper.

Unfortunately, probably true. Our population is unarmed, our military handicapped by crap USAian military goods and the general population is a dependent bunch of idiots.

We don't.

Economically, China is already here and has been since gold was discovered (majority chinese population then). Now, they are slowly becoming the dominant overseas shareholder and slowly replacin the USA.

Militarily, China hasn't demonstrated the capacity to translocate a significant force a few thousand miles across the sea. Big difference from pretty boys goose stepping in the square to fighting OS.

Reply to
terryc

At home, probably not. The big question is how well can city bred people take to guerilla warfare?

Reply to
terryc

I'm not complaining about the use of micros, just that without the source code, you only have a fraction of the design. The circuit diagram shows very little of how the thing works and if you want to modify the functionality, you are pretty well stuffed.

If it was within the last 5 years, I must have missed it, prior to that I was out of the country for a bit over 5 years so I wouldn't have seen it.

The thing about tinkering with the microcode is that in the ordinary way of things you can't break anything and if you stuff it up you can always flash the original code back in.

Reply to
keithr

Speak for yourself Phil :)

Why would that be?

Reply to
keithr

Aha, that why I didn't see it, I was living in the US at that time.

Reply to
keithr

That or something very similar was shown on a TV science program (probably that one on the ABC on Thursday nights) in the last year or so as a "Chinese" safe nuclear technology breakthrough.

The only problem was the cost involved in building/maintaining it when compared to traditional nuclear power stations.

Reply to
KR

Someone has twigged my memory. I think it was a PIC controller project for opening a chook shed door on sunrise and closing it at sunset. Probably other stuff since as I stopped buying it soon after.

The problem with microprocessor stuff is that there are too many flavours of the small stuff and build your own gets very complicated, messy and expensive very fast. At some point, it shifts into "programming" rather than electronics. Then it becomes a question of how deep your pockets are unless you are a skilled machinist to make actuators, etc.

Reply to
terryc

Largely developed by dissident german scientists.

Reply to
keithr

**Depends on their aims. Three or four well placed nukes and we're pretty much screwed. A full on invasion, occupation and subjugation would be very difficult for any military force. But, to answer your question: Yes, China could pretty much beat us now. 10 years ago would have been a very different situation. It's all academic. When they're wealthy enough (10 years), they'll just buy the infrastructure they want. Successive Australian governments are too stupid to notice that dictatorships cannot be dealt with like regular companies (witness: Optus). The present government is no different. They'll allow precious, irreplacable infrastructure to be sold off to anyone.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

So was it used by the Germans or the Americans?

Reply to
Davo

So could China beat Australia or not?

Reply to
Davo

So I take it that's a no.

Reply to
Davo

In industry PLC or computer control is pretty much the norm these days.

Reply to
Davo

So was that a yes or a no?

Reply to
Davo

Too many variables. Define "beat".

Reply to
terryc

Ah, don't worry about it.

Reply to
Davo

I hope all Australians aren't that paranoid & misinformed.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

So, you are a greedy, ungrateful bastard. It was supplied, at cost to Allied nations. Our entire manufacturing infrastructure was converted to the war effort, and millions of American citizens did with what they needed, to make sure the military of Allied nations got the supplies they needed. No new tires, very little gasoline. Food rationing, very few new clothes, shoes or other items available, because the raw materials were diverted to the war. Then most of the 'Allies' conveniently forgot to pay for their share of the cost for freedom.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In article , snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said... : :terryc wrote: :> :> On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 21:33:30 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote: :> :> > The Russians, using American built planes and supplies. Read up on :> > the 'Lend - Lease' program where America supplied ammunition, weapons, :> > fuel, food and medicine to the Allies during WWII. :> :> supplied = sold, not donated. : : : So, you are a greedy, ungrateful bastard. It was supplied, at cost to :Allied nations. Our entire manufacturing infrastructure was converted :to the war effort, and millions of American citizens did with what they :needed, to make sure the military of Allied nations got the supplies :they needed. No new tires, very little gasoline. Food rationing, very :few new clothes, shoes or other items available, because the raw :materials were diverted to the war. Then most of the 'Allies' :conveniently forgot to pay for their share of the cost for freedom.

I'm glad you're so bitter and misinformed. Eat shit

Reply to
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Je=DFus?=

Gee, is your education that poor, or are you just stupid? The two bombs dropped in Japan, in Hiroshima & Nagasaki ended Japan's war machine. In doing so, it saved millions of lives. The japanese were convinced that their emperor was god, and that they couldn't be defeated. they were prepared to let every man, woman and child die to prove it. After the two warheads were detonated, they suddenly realized that they had nothing that could stop a weapon like that, and surrendered.

Find and read the book Hiroshima by John Hersey. It tells of six survivors of the bombing of Hiroshima, and the efforts of a Japanese doctor to treat people with radiation sickness. See for yourself what the Japanese military thought of the civilians, and how their emperor treated them. The doctor's name was Masakazu Fujii. It was written in

1946, and has a lot of detail from the doctor's diary. I bet you won't read it, because you are just another gutless loudmouth. If you do read it, you will probably vomit several times.