Plimer and Silicon Chip

they

ired,

Such a lot of response for such small amount of scepticism.

able to

s to make

ant

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

oup.

ant to

Not that I can recall Michael Terrell ever posting anything that look like an original idea, or showing any sign of having learned anything. He is pretty enthusiastic about posting petty insults, but since nobody takes him seriously he can't be accused of picki g petty fights.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijjmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Aaah, you are the self appointed Usenet Police for ALL usenet. That is why you think U is in WE.

Oh well, I'm happy to give purpose to your otherwise empty life.

Reply to
terryc

Trivial Trevor doesn't like Americans much either......(LOL)

Reply to
John - Melb

Does anyone like Trevor?

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

Your ego exceeds your reach.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

able to

As always, you snip anything you don't like.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Obviously not. You obviously hang on my every word and faithfully reply every time.

Reply to
terryc

Oh yeah, he's one of aus.electronics most respected posters, at least that's what I've been told.

Disagree with Trevor on the issue of gun control next time he posts one of his anti-gun rants on aus.electronics, and you'll soon find out how much he is loved and worshiped around here.

Excuse me now, I need to puke.

Reply to
John - Melb

.

but they

re fired,

that

was

or

an

he

as

I'm able to

rders to make

't want

I snip stuff I don't see any point in responding to.Your domestic circumstances may be a pathetic as your arguments, but they aren't objectively verifiable.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Just like all the things you post can't be verified. BTW, I see that they are kicking your ass on sci.electronics.design again. :)

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It isn't an accusation, it is an observation. I lived in the US for a number of years, and, for the last 6 years, I have spent between 3 and 6 weeks every year working there. Because of this I have had the opportunity to observe US attitudes both public and private close up.

As to ignorance, the mainstream news media in the US report very little on world events unless US interests are directly involved or there is spectacular footage available. The dedicated news channels are a little better but still not up to the standard of similar organisations elsewhere in the world. I was surprised how little the majority of my American aquaintances knew of the world, we aren't talking about trailer trash rednecks either but reasonably well educated middle class people.

As for arrogance, there seems to be an opinion permeating US society that the "US way" is the only way. I have seen amazement expressed and ridicule and scorn put on societies that have worked perfectly for centuries but which do not conform the the "American ideal". I have heard US commentators express the opinion that "We should invade their country, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity", US political leaders "Declare the USSR illegal" or "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran". It all sound pretty arrogant to me.

Reply to
keithr

John does, in fact he follows him all over the internet just to talk to him.

Reply to
keithr

I try to make sure that I do post verifiable facts. Since I an occasionally fallible human being, it doesn't always work, but I come pretty close. You don't do nearly as awell.

The usual vulgar and impotent abuse.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Then quit trying to abuse them.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You must have been watching Fox. That network owned by a crazy Australian.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It looks more like stalking, to me.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm trying to educate them. They aren't proving apt pupils. You - at least - seem to have been persuaded that the Russians built more military aircraft in WW2 than got from lend-lease, which is one small step for right-wing-nitwit-kind.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Not any more, he's one of yours now, and you are welcome to him.

Reply to
keithr

Yep, he's been a US citizen for a decade or two, and we are more than happy to disown him!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T