Plimer and Silicon Chip

**LOL! I suggest you read some science sometime. Plimer (and you) have zero idea. You have failed to supply any cites. Not one.

your comments are

**And again, you fail to supply cites or evidence to support your assertions. You are full of shit.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Yet the poor glaciers continue to decline:

I've stood on some of them in the Rockies and Alps and watched them melt under my feet.

AGW? Solar? Whale farts? or Phil's Tea Leaves?, take your pick or invent your own. Still sad to see though, I like glaciers.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

**Untrue. They are defintely the best, most reliable, most testable source however. Tree rings are another, less reliable source. Moreover, Plimer is unable to read the same ice core data he cites.
**Dream on. Ice core data is the most reliable data available for temperatures stretching back several hundred thousand years. It may not be perfect, but it is decent enough.
**It seems that Wikipedia is incorrect. Gee, that never happens.
**Before you defend Plimer and Simpson, I suggest this as some appropriate reading material:

WARNING: This is a ~ 400kB .pdf file.

Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

**You really are a piece of work. You fail completely to supply anything remotely resembling evidence and dance when you see someone using profanity to make some kind of point.

Where is your evidence?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

That would be casting pearls before swine. You would not know 'evidence' if it bit you on the bum.

Roger Dewhurst

**LOL! Still pissing in the wind I note. You don't supply any evidence, because you are unable to do so. Your preference is to snipe. I'll just continue to expose you for what you are. A bag of wind.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Roger Dewhurst"

** Nothing has any effect on TWs' thick head.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Absolutely no argument from me. The Rudd government and the previous Howard government are/were environmental vandals in this respect. Australia's population is already beyond capacity. Allowing it to grow larger, is stupid. It is worse for most of the rest of the planet. Population control is utterly essential. The sooner the better. Immigration must cease and encouraging people to procreate beyond replacement is obscene. Clear enough?
**I'm still waiting for that idiot, 'Roger Dewhurst', to supply some justification of his comments in this matter.

your recent rants about GPS

**I'm not perfect. My OPINIONS about whether GPS units are just that: OPINIONS. They are opinions, based on an unfortunate experience and some soberbering statistics. I accept that others will have different opinions in that matter. Plimer is dressing opinions up as fact. And idiots like Simpson, Allison and Dewhurst are sucking it all up. Fundamentally, these idiots need to be convinced about the fact of AGW, before population control measures can be implemented.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Tax free? I don't think so. (You may have deductions that will effectively make it so however, since then they will WANT to classify it as a hobby)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Whilst I believe global warming caused by man made sources *IS* a problem, I also believe trying to counter it by increasing the 7+Billion people on the planet is far worse than King Canute, and a FARRRRR more expensive failure to boot!

And while I've forgotten the "rants on firearms" your recent rants about GPS usage were hardly "scientific". Cherry picking of data, and incorrect, biased conclusions are not exclusive to Plimer it seems :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Happens EVERY year, with or without Global Warming. It's the *long term* decrease that is the problem, and that's also happened a number of times in the history of the world, even before we had 7 Billion people to help it along!!!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Fair enough.

control

Unfortunately hardly any government, political party, or individuals are willing to link the two and do anything about the real cause of climate change in any case. I'm TOTALLY sick of paying their baby bonuses AND carbon "taxes". Pick ONE or the other!!!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Yes, tax free. For most people it can be classified as hobby income, unless you are silly enough to deliberably say it's not. SC even gave me a form to fill out stating that the income I was receiving was for hobby purposes, to cover their backside too I guess...

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

s is

nity

Agreed, its a total waste of time and effort.

Its about as pointless as trying to convince a nut case that he "isn't" really hearing voices. The rest of those in the room know that there are no voices, measuring instruments can't detect any sound but the nutter persists in their delusion, and gets mad at anyone who doesn't agree with them regardless of any evidence laid before them. There is no point.

In another time, he would be the one that immediately screamed "WITCH WITCH WITCH" and order the fire stoked up when confronted with any evidence that went against his beliefs.

He would be that boy that had his nappy pulled down in front of the entire school, with his excrement on full public display. He just denies, denies, denies that it exists, he is right and everyone else simply imagines what they see and smell, it isnt real.

"The grave is the only cure for the hunch backed."

Reply to
KR

Of course, I was waxing lyrical a tad. If you stood on a glacier and watched it melt and knew it was actually retreating long term very quickly, you might feel the same way!

Yep, but no one knows for sure if it has happened this quickly before though. The 7 Billion selfish humanoids could very well be helping it along. Bastards!

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

--

SC is a business like any other. It is neither a charity nor a peer-reviewed journal. For an experienced professionally qualified engineer or scientist a reasonable hourly rate for contract or consulting work at the moment is at least $100. Most of us would charge minimum $1000 per day. If you claim you can write an 8-page article on a novel topic, in addition to prototype construction and testing, in less than 1 day, then you are delusional. Once again remember the old saying, pay peanuts, get monkeys.

OK, now we are getting down to the personal stuff. You have no idea who I am, what my qualifications are or what experience or publications I have. Given that you consider your "Renew" contribution is a career highlight I don't think I have much to worry about if we were ever to compare CV's.

Getting back to the main topic. What I have said is that SC has published articles that are grossly technically incompetent. The pressure sensor water tank level gauge is a perfect example. This was revised three times over three issues after many people pointed out the stupidity of inserting a tube with the top end sealed and not expecting the trapped air to dissolve in the water. Why do they think bubbler level sensors have been around for the last 30 years? After 3 revisions they still didn't get it right.

No David, your solar air heater is not different or any better than the scores of others that are detailed on the Web and other places. You know as well as I do that designs similar, if not identical, have been around in local libraries for years before 2005. Here are a few:

"Solar Air Heater Plans" by Ray Wolf, ISBN 0-87857-369-3... Rodale Press, 33 East Minor St., Emmaus, PA 18049, 1981.

The Complete Book of Solar Air Heating Systems_ by Steve Kornher and Andy Zaugg. Rodale Press, 1984,

get a few other things straight while we are at it. The topic I postedwas about the editor of SC using his magazine for promoting unscientificviews about climate change. You have chosen to ignore this important point.Given that you are attempting to get some income from SC and that globalwarming is the greatest problem ever faced by humans do you think yoursilence may indicate something about your ethics?Is this the best you can come up with?"AGW? Solar? Whale farts? or Phil's Tea Leaves?, take your pick or inventyour own. Still sad to see though, I like glaciers." ?Finally, a few words of advice. If you want to be taken seriously as aprofessional then spending vast amounts of time on a USENET group such asthis, which is well known to be overpopulated by personality disorderedindividuals, and promoting internet dating services on your own pages, isnot going to help you in the long term.Pete

Reply to
Peter K

That's the typical response I expected, as you aren't the first. So you were interested in getting something published in SC, but now you refuse to because they don't pay enough? Ever heard of doing something for the fun and satisfaction of it, and helping others? Seeing as that you have (had?) some interest in SC as a reader, what's wrong with contributing? You certainly cared enough about SC to complain...

I'm surpsied a person of your obvious high standing in the professional engineering community even reads a hobby magazine like SC...

No, just asking you to put your talent where your anoynmous mouth is. You slag off at SC for their poor content and then aren't willing to contribute anything yourself even though you claim to be more than capable to do so.

You've made precisely zero money writing to and reading this forum, how about you turn some of that energy into a publication for us all to enjoy? And Leo will even pay you a few bucks, ain't he nice?

So, tell us.

BTW, why would I care?, it has nothing to do with anything. Your words speak for yourself. But given that you are criticising publications, I am interested in what you have contributed, so show us.

LOL, hardly! I did it for fun and the desire to contribute something, try it some time, you might actually like it.

*yawn*

Years? try decades. I make no claims for my content being completely original, I just built my own version and thought it would be nice to publish and share with other people. And shock horror, many people found it very valuable. Shame you have such a seemingly low opinion on freely sharing and contributing knowledge.

If I'm wrong, show us stuff you have contributed, or start contributing.

Correct, my choice. You get no say in it, sorry.

I don't do it for the money, that's laughable. The small amount of money I get is nothing and does not even come close to paying for my time or support effort involved in doing stuff like this. I do it because it's fun and I like to contribute. Ask any contributor and they will tell you the same thing. Try it some time, you might like it.

No actually, overpopulation and nuclear weapons are.

No I don't actually, my silence indicates precisely nothing. Anything perceived from my silence is just your active imagination.

BTW, I've criticised SC more than my fair share of times.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know I do give more than a toss about the environment. I would have thought my Solar Sponge article hinted at that?

It was a poor(?) attempt at humour, something some on this group actually enjoy occasionally!

Advice from an anonymous usenet poster?, this should be a hoot...

Oh the irony!

Once again, I contribute and have helped countless people through this and other forums. And likewise they have helped me on occasion in return. Show us what you have contributed.

I actually wrote an Internet Dating book a long time ago, in case you missed it. Yet another contribution of mine. Want a copy?, I'll send you one for free. It's ok if it's an anonymous PO box to go along with your anonymous usenet profile, really.

Regards Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

**Not entirely the case. Here are a couple of examples of influential people and organisations who are thinking:

We should support these and other people and organisations who speak the (uncomfortable) truth. Sadly, we have idiots like Plimer, Simpson, Allison, 'Dewhurst', 'KR' and others who take a head-in-the-sand attitude towards the very serious problems that beset us.

I'm TOTALLY sick of paying their baby bonuses AND carbon

**Agreed. Baby bonus, indeed!
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

No problem with that!

Roger Dewhurst

**Your inability to present any evidence to support your claims is duly noted.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au