OT GW

**And, after I pointed out your error, you continued to claim that I was wrong. At that point, your error became a lie. See the difference? Repeating a lie once is an error. Continued repeating of a lie, is a lie in itself.

I have no ias one way or the

**I merely corrected your error, then I pointed out your lie.
**Not so. A lie is a lie. You lied.
**Cite.

**Along with a bunch of other stuff, yes. Have you taken the time to read AR4 yet? Or do you prefer to wallow in ignorance?

-- Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson

**I realise that you will now claim that I am calling atec77 an idiot, because I he opposes everything I say, but you'd be wrong. atec77 is, demonstrably, a complete idiot.

-- Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson

I believe there have been a number of such counter claims, and from some credible sources, yet there seems to be none that you will accept.

Of course they could. Are you saying it's impossible for a large number of people to be wrong?

Why do you keep resorting to this infantile insulting of people who don't share your views Trevor? It really does your case no favours....

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Blink? When have we had a war with Iran?

Might be true lathough it is hard to stop everything one day, especially when your partners know the game is up.

The PacSoln which was really about keeping a corrupt government in power?

Labor or Kevin "Look at MEEEEE" Rudd?

No such thing. The numbers were a result of progress in the war. since the war in afghanistan has been lost(no surprise there), there will be plenty more wanting to get out in the future, coupled with the mass exodus of Tamils from the hell of earth created for them in SriLanka.

Reply to
terryc

That's right, I haven't. Nor do I want to, or *need* to.

What a load of cods :)

--
Regards,
Noddy.

This is Australian politics we're talking about :)

Indeed, although I'd add that little Kevvy probably still has some life left in him yet.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Bullshit.

The "war" is largely irrelevant as far as this issue is concerned. What

*has* caused a massive increase in numbers over the last couple of years is the widely known knowledge that processing takes place on shore rather than off, and as long as that situation exists people will flood our shores comfortable in the knowledge that getting a foot on Australian soil is the first step to a new life.

Don't believe that? Then go back to Howard's plan and watch the numbers drop to nothing virtualy overnight.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Yeah, heave the missus outa bed and phone the boyfriend.................. :)

--
Two things that are essential to life are WD 40 and duct tape. If it
moves and it isn't supposed to, use the duct tape. If it doesn't move

Operation Desert Storm (Hawke was PM at the time)....

It was Hawke who sent a naval force to Iraq in the First Gulf War, had Beazley been PM instead of Howard he would've done exactly what Howard did in the second stoush!

At the very least the Pacific solution achieved its goal, the East Timor and Malaysian solutions were about trying to keep a totally inept government in power using exactly the same means (offshore processing).

In fact it was Gillard (after Rudd abolished processing in Nauru)....

The number of gate crashers (those who come by boat) was minuscule compared to the total number of asylum seekers admitted to Oz under Howard. That proportion has and will continue to increase significantly under Labor's stuffed up policies, irrespective of the war Labor continues to support in Afghanistan!

In case you haven't heard, the civil war in Sri Lanka ended in 2009.

--
John H
Reply to

just shows how little tweva matters , sydney then as I hear his silly little shop is hidden in some backwater at the wrong side of town for me so the visiting might be to much trouble , either way the bloke is still a fuckwitt

--

Reply to
atec77

I worked for 6 months once in a university. I've seen office politics elsewhere, but the academics there raised it to an art form. As a well known Australian academic said, it is not enough to succeed, others must be seen to fail. The academic staff there spent what time was left over from blowing their own trumpets stabbing the others in the back. I stood it for 6 months but I just had to get out of there (and the pay was crap).

OTOH, the research establishment where I did my apprenticeship the scientist there were easy to get on with, they'd even take advice from us third year apprentices when it actually came to building stuff.

Reply to
keithr

He has no case. Just a mindless reciting of rote.

Reply to
terryc

I suspect his riverside location will become a boat moorage if the oceans rise.

Reply to
terryc

You can not be serious. Oh wait, there is some great labor dead wood in parliament, so ice bergs chance in hell might be right.

Look at it, has no support but is picked by the power boys. Then proceeds to shit all over everyone and ignore past practises and other peole. Eventually they labor pollies get so pissed off with him,ten when he is gven the word, he can not get enough of them to say that they would support him, so he folds and walks away. He was a complete good time boy and that was the total sum of him.

Now, he throws petulant hissy fits when he isn't the centre of attention. hardly leadership material.

Reply to
terryc

**I'll bite. List those claims and their sources that you feel are credible. I will discuss each and every one with you.
**Of course not. Look at the Catholics. However, unlike the Catholics, AGW researchers have quite a number of 'runs on the board'. Let's look at a very quick snapshot of what the issue entails:
  • The planet has warmed at a faster rate in the last 100-odd years, than at any time in the last 600,000 years. FACT. No dispute.
  • The planet has accumulated CO2 in the atmosphere at a faster rate than at any time in the last 600,000 years. FACT. No dispute.
  • CO2 is a known greenhouse gas. FACT. No dispute. The contribution of CO2 to planetary warming has been known for more than 100 years. It has been shown experimentally many times. Even Mythbusters were surprised when they performed the experiment. VERY tiny amounts of CO2 can and do cause 'Solar forcing' (Additional warming).
  • As the planet warms, more CO2 will outgas from the oceans. FACT. No dipute.
  • As the planet warms, methane will be released from permafrost areas. Methane is a MUCH more potent GHG than CO2. Fortunately, methane breaks down rapidly (about 10 years) in the atmosphere. UNFORTUNATELY, CO2 is one of the breakdown products. CO2 has a very long life in the atmoshere. FACT. No dispute.
  • All this is thought to lead to a kind of positive feedback (aka: 'Tipping Point'), where more CO2 leads to hotter temperatures, which, in turn, leads to more GHGs being released into the atmosphere, which, in turn, leads to higher temperatures, more GHGs and so on. The 'Tipping Point' is thought to be around 500ppm. SPECULATIVE. Plenty of dispute. In fact, at least one researcher is of the opinion that the tipping point has already been reached.

So, the upshot is, that we are really only arguing a single point:

Will the release of more CO2 cause irreparable damage to the planet?

We don't know for certain. The general concensus amongst most climate scientists is that more CO2 will lead to irreparable problems.

Further to that point: Like most things in life, early attention will cost a whole lot less than dealing with it later.

**It is very important that those who embrace the non-scientific approach be made aware of the people that share their views.

-- Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson

Oh yeah ... the fossil fuel funding... which happens to be about

20:1 in favour of the CAGW alarmist organizations.

It's about money for research. Money to maintain power. No science.

You don't understand the concept of a rational argument. Which is why you're such an excellent example of how NOT to argue when trying to make a point.

SO, keep doing it.

\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an
X   against HTML mail     | answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
/ \  and postings          |  --HL Mencken
Oh dear.....(yawn)...

Cheers
DAVO
Reply to
<joe

I can relate to the crap pay, from memory I was on $180p/w at the time (early 80's). Worked whatever hours were required - I know one time we worked 4 days straight without sleep (or for as long as we could stay awake anyway, in my case that was 2.5 days with no sleep). But it was a great job with a lot of special (non-financial) perks. I stayed there longer than most, until I really needed to earn real money at least.

I saved my boss's bacon a number of times by noticing problems with the data or the experiments themselves... well, maybe not 'saved his bacon' but at least made the data more accurate.

Reply to
Jeßus

How do you like Codex Alimentarius? How about the food bill in N.Z?

Kreed, you and I are on the same page :)

Reply to
Jeßus

Probably, but don't expect a recycling! :)

--
John H
Reply to

They're already irrelevant, all of their own own making. Rudd could and should have gone to a double dissolution on the ETS. Whatever the outcome, not only would Labor have maintained their credibility the Green Slime would've been neutered to boot.

Given the same opportunity the next government will almost certainly take it and Labor's own eradication will be complete. All of which probably makes the rescinding of the carbon tax a very real possibly!

--
John H
Reply to