Courtesy Call from my Healthcare Ins. Co.

I got a call from my Healthcare insurance company. They let me know on June 1st my premium will increase $102 mo. Family of three $10,000 deductible, $544 mo. up to $646 mo. an 18.8% increase. This is on top of the 19.4% in May of 2012 and 21% in May of

2013. What happened to the $2,500 decrease Obama promised? The company rep wanted to give me some options, first thing he figured out was how much subsidy (welfare) I would get. It turns out I would receive a $621 per month subsidy. My first thought, wow, my premium will drop to $25 per month. The rep said no, the ACA (Obamacare) premiums are higher. The bronze plans run from $1,156 to $1,246 per month. The rep proceeded to go through plans and prices, and then subtracting out my very generous hardworking taxpayer paid Subsidy, it turns out all the ACA plans will cost me about the same or more than what I'm already paying even with the $621 subsidy. I was on the phone 1hr 15 minutes. The plan I have is good, I have a $10,000 deductible which some think is high, but that is all I pay, almost everything is covered 100% after my deductible. It covers more than the bronze plan except one thing, pregnancy, my plan doesn't cover pregnancy, at 59, I don't care. The ACA deductible is $6,250 per person and $12,500 for the family.

I'm going to stick with the plan I have as long as I can.

If 50 million families signup and get a subsidy, it will probably average more than $621, I have a decent income, who's going to pay for it?

What is 50 million times $600? Where is that money coming from? End of my never ending rant. Grr... Mikek

amdx

None of this is of any concern to Dear MisLeader. If you're too simple to understand the advantages, that's no fault of his. Or Michelle's. It's probably due to some hateful internet video they had nothing to do with. Or George W. Bush.

Oh foolish simpleton, what if you got pregnant? You'd have no coverage and the rest of us would have to pay the cost. It's a lot cheaper for us all to subsidize the extra $600+/month for your cost-saving Obama plan than to run the risk of you getting preggers and free-riding on the public dime.

Such faulty reasoning is a perfect example of why you're qualified to vote for a President to run your life, but not to be trusted with running it yourself. Peasants--sigh.

"Subsidizing everyone avoids the cost of free-riders." Until you master this double-think, Obamacare's going to look like a bowlful of worms instead of the health-promoting breakfast cereal it actually is.

Cheers, James Arthur

(P.S. You can always go full-on moocher and free-ride--it's what they want you to do anyhow. See "Obamacare makes cost-shifting fun!"

dagmargoodboat

Until you get this...

...Jim Thompson

That's awesome.

Doesn't it make you want to leap to your feet and sing "Hosannah!" to wise DML for giving us this precious perfect gift?

Cheers! James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

...except that the "takers" don't pay income tax, rather the opposite.

Reply to
krw

And they'll take it out of your IRS refund or directly from your bank account if you have no refund coming. ...Jim Thompson

We would have been better off with the uninsured continuing to get medical treatment at the ER, rather than "covered" by "insurance". ...Jim Thompson

They absolutely do just take it out of your bank account. With no notice at all. SS can do the same. You find out when you do the overdraft.

Reply to
Tom Miller

I know very well. If you clash with the IRS (I have), they seize your money first, then "discuss". I got my money back, but it was one royal nightmare... successful only after I hired an ex_IRS agent turned CPA. ...Jim Thompson

So would they.

Reply to
krw

Yep. Dear ML's talking point that putting people on Medicaid would eliminate free-riding (and ER use) was always nonsense.

(Obamacare forces lots of people onto Medicaid, even people with private insurance. All, says DML, to save us from "free-riders." But, Medicaid *is* free-riding, and people on Medicaid use the ER *more*, not less.)

" Nationally, it's estimated that we spend about $50 billion a year on uncompensated care for the uninsured. But Obamacare spends $250 billion a year of taxpayer money on covering the uninsured. Only in Washington is spending $250 billion to address a $50 billion problem considered "savings." "

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

It bites them even harder--it comes out of their "gimmes."

Even if they tap you for the penalty, you're many thousands ahead over buying Obamacare, the world's most expensive insurance.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

ed

ll

nth.

ll

CA

ic

it?

Apparently there is a mental midget here who missed the part about:

"They are part of a large group of Americans who listed incomes on their in surance applications that differ significantly -- either too low or too hig h -- from those on file with the Internal Revenue Service, documents show."

So once again you have the situation of a bunch of crooked Americans lying about their income to scam O'Care out of more subsidy than they have due, a nd you useless mental midgets think it's such a bad thing when the IRS atta ches their bank accounts ?!? I say hang them. Let the riffraff take his fam ily and go live in the local shelter for the 6 months to a year it takes to work the problem out.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That's because you ignored their numerous notices and acted like a child, ignored them, hoping they would go away, instead of dealing with the audit like a responsible adult.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Said nothing. Just talking out of his ass again. How's the view up there bloggs?

Reply to
Tom Miller

The problem with health care is that it really does pay to look after the f ree-riders.

They get infectious diseases just like everybody else, and it's a lot cheap er to get them into the health care system - and an isolation ward - before they infect too many other people.

The US experience with drug-resistant TB educated a lot of people about thi s, but not James Arthur. His ideological blinkers blind him to situations w here it actually makes good economic sense to love thy neighbour, even if h e - or she - is an irresponsible idiot.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The minimum penalty ($95). Cheap and they'll just raise the gimme.

Reply to
krw

Ever been to the ER? You've got to be pretty sick to be prepared to put up with it.

Getting to ER is already a bigger barrier to people suffering from infectio us diseases that is ideal, and having them hang around for hours with other sick people doesn't get them into isolation as fast as they'd get there if they felt "entitled" and asked for help.

So it isn't doing the right job.

nale-for-obamacare/

The cost of health care is what you pay to avoid epidemics. The logic is ex actly the same as defense. You spend a lot all the time on the basis hat if you spend enough you won't have deal with the really dangerous situation - a plague or an invasion - that the service is there prevent as well as co pe with.

Health care is expensive, though not as expensive as defense. The Black Dea th killed about 30% - some estimates are higher - of the population of Euro pe when it first hit. Even a nuclear war would be hard placed to do as well .

We get incipient plagues from time to time - SARS was probably the last one - but we've been lucky so far. International travel being as popular as it is, our luck is likely to run out sooner rather than later.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

free-riders.

aper to get them into the health care system - and an isolation ward - befo re they infect too many other people.

his, but not James Arthur. His ideological blinkers blind him to situations where it actually makes good economic sense to love thy neighbour, even if he - or she - is an irresponsible idiot.

Thanks for opining sans info, plus your requisite slur. It's always great to have a professional free-rider weigh in.

Since you hadn't noticed, we already care for the uninsured. That's the definition of free-riding. Dear MisLeader's mantra was that insuring them saves money, which was false.

Spending 5x as much to cover the same uninsured, plus enslaving the rest of the population to a less compassionate, more-expensive system that's incredibly intrusive into everyone's personal lives is of course no issue whatever for totalitarian mindsets. That's just more water under someone else's bridge--they didn't build that.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

insurance applications that differ significantly -- either too low or too h igh -- from those on file with the Internal Revenue Service, documents show ."

g about their income to scam O'Care out of more subsidy than they have due, and you useless mental midgets think it's such a bad thing when the IRS at taches their bank accounts ?!? I say hang them.

And the IRS is *never* wrong, is it?

6 months to a year it takes to work the problem out.

Throw people on the street for not being able to predict their income, employment, benefits, and household size to the IRS' satisfaction a year in advance--that sure sounds a lot more compassionate than what we had.

Yes We Can!

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat